Author Topic: YZ125H help wanted  (Read 7286 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
YZ125H help wanted
« on: January 19, 2009, 08:11:18 pm »
Hi guys,
Starting my 125H "Nathan" Resto.  The frame is in very good nick except for 2 small things.  The radiator hose loop on the front of the frame about 250mm down from the triple clamp on the main down tube is broken off.  Can someone please tell me what shape it is supposed to be.  I assume round, but you never know.
The hose holder at the triple clamp is there, but bent out of shape.  Can someone post a photo or tell me what shat it is supposed to be.
Thanks is advance.

Cheers
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

ted

Re: YZ125H help wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 08:52:09 pm »
The one 250mm down is round in shape ) approx 25mm round)  made out of about 5mm steel. It actually looks D shaped

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 08:53:56 pm »
Thanks Ted - what about the  top one ?

Have you got that brochure yet ?

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

ted

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:55:18 pm »
I`m getting part# 3R3-22199-00-00  SUPPORT , CHAIN made as they are no longer available.
Let me know if you need one

ted

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:56:06 pm »
Is the top one connected to the top triple clamp

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 09:17:58 pm »
Pretty sure I got a used one here in pretty good nick you can have if you don't want to go to the trouble.

The top one is on the right hand side on the gusset up near the steering stem.

ted

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:29:21 pm »
That one is 3mm thick steel,,,approx 50mm long and 40mm wide and in a D shape again
Yep got brochure...thanks
You keep the chain support but could you send it to me so as i can copy it please.I have lost the broken one i had. After i copy it i will return it with a new spare one for you.Should only take a week or so.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 06:08:13 pm »
This is what I'm on about.  The top one is obviously bent based on your description.  The bottom one is cut/broken off.  here is only the 2 stubs left.

The chain support is at the farm, so I will send it on Monday.  Is that soon enough ?

ted

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 07:09:14 pm »
Yeah thats the 2 i described....Monday is fine for the chain support thanks
When you gonna have your 125 finished?

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 08:53:48 pm »
that photo is current, so based on the time it took me to do the 250 and if you ask yzhilly - i'd say around 2011  :D :D :D

Nah, got one under my belt now.  Have some experience and all the tools I need, so I'm aiming for CD6, but it will probably be more like Christmas.  See how we go.  The bike is in better condition than the 250 and I have been collecting parts for a long time.  Lots of NOS bits, so she should turn out nicely, 8)

ted

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 09:06:32 pm »
If your bike is looking for its older brother you know where it lives
The frame # on mine is 4V2-001020 and yours being 4V2-18870
I reckon there is at least 17,850 of these things somewhere out there...surely not that many came here

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 07:12:02 pm »
You wouldn't have thought so.  That is a friggin' lot of bikes.  I wonder how they ran them out off the assembly line.  Consequtive numbers ??  You would think so  ::)
I wonder how many came over here?

ted

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 04:59:19 pm »

that photo is current, so based on the time it took me to do the 250 and if you ask yzhilly - i'd say around 2011   

What would that red headed nuffin Hilly know anyway.
I reckon he`d have a poster of that skanky Roberta Williams pinned up in his shed....unlike us northerners with our Elle, Hawko and that delicous queenslander Kristy Hinze

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 09:50:54 pm »
Problem Ted.  I can't find that farkin bracket anywhere >:(.  I was "sure" I had a used one and an NOS one ::), but I think maybe the NOS one was for the 250.  Not to worry, I know the "Hilly" 125H in Brissy has one on.  Only problem is I'm not down there until the 19th of Feb.  So that could screw up your plans - Sorry about that.  I'm buggered if I know what happened to the bloody thing.  I have pulled all the parts out of the 125H bin twice and still no luck >:(  Don't you hate that.  I have bought so many parts in the last few years I seem to have lost track.  Oldtimers disease setting in early  :o :o
So it turns out I'm going to need one as well.  I'll pull the one in Brissy off and send it down pronto.
Obviously Hilly hasn't read this post as there is no way he would have been able to leave that last post alone  :D :D

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 11:26:28 pm »
Hey i've got a poster like Quicky's one of Roberta ,just make sure you put a new clutch in that 125 Ted cause your gonna have to slip it to get moving with your big arse on it .And hows Barsby's form between us OZvmxer's we transported it across the country for him and he left it sitting in Brisvegas Geez are you 2 gonna have a restorer's race ??? in ya sandals . Hah Hah.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436