Author Topic: interesting facebook groups  (Read 11125 times)

All Things 414

Re: interesting facebook groups
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 05:29:47 pm »
Twitter, Facebook, Deadhead........It's not as expensive as cocain but it sure leaves the serius user with that same dull, glaced-over eye look..... :(

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 05:30:44 pm »
Amen, brother ! (That's twice we've agreed in one day, Firko !)  ;)

Get off your keyboards and get outside !!   ::)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 08:32:46 pm by GD66 »
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 06:34:10 pm »
Don't underestimate the power of Face book, its great when you have employees.  So is Myspy... I mean Myspace.  When your staff call in sick with a bad flu, you can log in and see the comments from their friends "How are you feeling? You were so drunk last night when we left you hanging onto the bar".  Or the "My job/boss sucks".

Also great if you need to know what your teenage kids are up to.  As firko said, you know the last time they farted.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 06:45:42 pm »
hear, hear Firko - I am on basically because I gave way to peer (aka wife) pressure but have been on probably twice in the last 2 months - cant be bothered and was thinking of deleting my "profile"
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

TM BILL

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 07:52:45 pm »
Don't underestimate the power of Face book, its great when you have employees.  So is Myspy... I mean Myspace.  When your staff call in sick with a bad flu, you can log in and see the comments from their friends "How are you feeling? You were so drunk last night when we left you hanging onto the bar".  Or the "My job/boss sucks".

Also great if you need to know what your teenage kids are up to.  As firko said, you know the last time they farted.

I rest my case your honour  ::)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 08:17:32 pm »
Same with phone conversation taps too-Mad Max hit the ground runnin  :-X  :-X
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 08:32:48 pm »
Firko, you probably don't want to hear it ::) but I agree with you wholeheartedly.  :D

I dabbled a little with FaceBook and My Space thinking it was a way to keep up with my children and nieces and nephews etc. I concluded it was too much like hard work and too trivial - minimal return for effort. 

I use emails and CC's to keep up with my family and extended family and use it specifically as required - works well, both to and from. And I use forums. That is more than enough time spent for me.

Basically there is just too much information out there - I've got to manage it and make choices.

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 12:02:15 am »
Mike52 has the right idea, alias's are a must in cyber world. it is true some employers do check up on staff and so do the undesirable element of society looking to make your loss their gain ie some of the threads on this site have us talking about our collections and when we will be away at meetings etc etc. Now imagine if we did not have alias's and our info was out there we would be ripe for the picking. Most of us know who we are talking to so there is no need to let the world know who we really are. its not their business its private. that's my 2c worth having said that each to there own :P

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 02:50:06 pm »
I agree with what the majority of you out there think. I got on facebook after being told by the 'younger set' that  I should. The next day I looked at it there was this message telling me that these two hot chicks wanted to be my friends. I immediately said to myself 'self i've put down that I'm 72 and married with six grand  kids and here's two hot babes after me, what IS this shit?' Then started to notice all this weird fighting and arguing amongst family and their friends so talked to myself again and said 'I'm outa here and deleted my face book connection which by the way they make hard to do. cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 11:17:33 am »
Love Facebook!
Vintage Factory has endless photos and stuff coming up daily!
Friends with Anthony Gunter, Kenny Zahrt, Marty Smith ,
Best way to stay in touch with friends, hobbies and sport!
Try it

yes its another good library of vmx photos and a whole lot of Ballard,Bell,Leisk,P!nk,Reed and all of there mates.
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 07:40:40 pm »
hay firko,
you are right my son and step son are on facebook and everytime I go out with them or even have a drink I get in trouble they cant help blabbering I get calls early the next day telling me what i got up to the night before even if I cant remember. Shit who needs to blab thats what they invented booze for to enjoy yourself and help you have a good time and forget Stuff FACEBOOK

Fatboy

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 08:46:01 am »
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1736784910&v=wall&story_fbid=139827299374487&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/group.php?gid=48143557884&v=wall

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1736784910&v=wall&story_fbid=139827299374487&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/group.php?gid=48143557884&v=photos

OZ MOTOCROSS - RACERS FROM THE 70s, 80 & 90s Photos
216 photos-you may see yourself  ;D
You must have to be a Facebook member to look at what you are showing. All I see is a Chick named Cindy Maria Taueki.
You can keep that . I don't really care who farted and when...unless its Angelina Jolie...hur hur hur...

DR

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 10:43:35 am »
Roger DeCoster is my friend ;D

I personally don't see a problem if you don't supply many details :-\ search me and you get my email address, a few pictures and little else ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 11:03:50 am »
RE:OZ MOTOCROSS - RACERS FROM THE 70s, 80 & 90s
Yes have to join to view photos-gimmick to everything.  ;D
Though wouldn't have met nice vmx people like yourself.  8)
I'm now meeting all the pro 85 riders on facebook..man I got friends everywhere ;)  :D  and loven the Cheyne Twinshock site  ;D
brrrraaaaaappppppppp
Best is in the West !!