Author Topic: UPDATE on U.S. Vintage MX GP  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Peter Villacaro

• Novice
    • View Profile
UPDATE on U.S. Vintage MX GP
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:16:51 am »
 We are proud to announce 2 new sponsors of this first annual event, VMX magazine has stepped up and backed our event, very flattering to say the least, we hope to do justice to Ken and Alistair sticking their necks out.
 The other sponsor Spectro Oils, were only going to be able to come to monday's pre-race activities but the corprate office decided to withdraw fron the GNCC event and back the U.S. Vintage MX GP both days.
 I am without words for what this means to us for this event, we were doing this because we love this sport and now we see others share the passion that is Vintage Motocross, thank you all, we will do our best to make you proud!   
www.flvmx.com
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:21:52 am by Peter Villacaro »

Tony T

Re: UPDATE on U.S. Vintage MX GP
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:10:05 am »
The other sponsor Spectro Oils, were only going to be able to come to monday's pre-race activities but the corprate office decided to withdraw fron the GNCC event and back the U.S. Vintage MX GP both days.

That's great, Peter.
Obviously you have presented the event well to them and they can see that vintage racers spend as much (probably more) than the average modern competitor. Which makes vintage events an extremely viable proposition for potential sponsors.
I would think us older blokes might be more loyal to our supporters too. I hope so anyway.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:25:46 am »
Wow, the Yanks have got it all happening! I think this is a separate event to the one Peter's talking about above.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=B93E431C54294286BEA1F33D2D3DBD41

Offline Peter Villacaro

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:18:55 am »
While the turnout was not what we had hoped for (it was unusually cold) a great day of racing was had by all, we are making the plans and arrangements for 2010 as this is written, featuring again +50 Vintage International as well as adding +40 Evolution International and Hot Rod 100's .

Results and photos http://www.usvmxgp.com/ check back often.