Author Topic: Andy Caldecott - Vale  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
Andy Caldecott - Vale
« on: January 08, 2009, 05:56:17 pm »
For those who have been watching Dakar......9 January marks the third anniversary of the passing of the greatest man to ever swing a leg over a TM 400...our thoughts are with Tracey and the Caldecott family at this time..

Doc

Re: Andy Caldecott - Vale
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:22:08 pm »
Time gets away eh :-\ 

RIP Andy

firko

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 07:31:49 pm »
A good bloke taken way too early. He's definitely missed.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:48:10 pm »
Missed, but not forgotten, Firko. I'm happy to say that when I drove from Western Australia to Victoria last October to compete in the Southern Classic roadrace, when I drove into Keith (SA) on the Monday night, there was an enormous sign on the side of the road announcing that Keith was "Caldecott Country", and that on the way out of town, the local mx track was signposted as Andy Caldecott Park, adequate tribute to a giant amongst men....and a keen and successful vmx racer.... 8)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

YSS

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:57:46 pm »
We used to get a  signed and framed poster from Andy every year , thanking for the support during the year .
Not many young guns do that today  ;)

gator

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:14:15 pm »
The Legend

4RoBs

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:57:10 pm »
My boys remembered! Wow. We sent a few dollars that year to help the Dakar effort. We got a stubbie cooloer each which we have kept as a reminder. As it turns out we don't need them to remember.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 11:21:12 am »
Just doing a youtube search for Carl Fuller and Andy on a sidecar at Kyneton Vic, found this one instead.  8)
Wonderful memories for all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X2Ne0k4zT0&feature=fvsr

Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 12:07:12 pm »
How's Carl Fuller going? If you read this Carl, drop me a PM mate. I lost your email since you left KTM.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 12:31:18 pm »
How's Carl Fuller going? If you read this Carl, drop me a PM mate. I lost your email since you left KTM.

email sent.
Carl could confirm that the when you retire you become busier than when you are at work.No such thing as retiring ;D
I believe Carl will skip CD for Isle of Man this year.  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 12:01:50 am »
Just doing a youtube search for Carl Fuller and Andy on a sidecar at Kyneton Vic, found this one instead.  8)
Wonderful memories for all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X2Ne0k4zT0&feature=fvsr

YEp and last year was done at a the National round at murray bridge...  hopefully it will continue each year.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

PB20

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 04:29:17 pm »
Had the pleasure of racing Andy at the '80 NSW Junior Titles at Mnt Kembla. I think Carl Beuhler (anyone rmemebr him?) had a ripper battle with Andy taking the win. I got 6th.

Ironically, we raced each other again at Kembla for the Under 30 '93 Vintage Championship. His immaculate TM400 out classed my borrowed CZ400 passing me for the win on the last lap of each moto. Those old bikes were real bitches to ride, super nice power and steering, appalling chassis. My wrist still hurts to this day from that meeting and I never even fell off.  he was a top bloke off the track, very competitive on the track..I always thought it ambitious taking on those Dakar events, one slip and you're ratshit with such a shithouse reputation for safety.

Andy will never be forgotten.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 04:51:05 pm »
Had the pleasure of racing Andy at the '80 NSW Junior Titles at Mnt Kembla. I think Carl Beuhler (anyone rmemebr him?) had a ripper battle with Andy taking the win. I got 6th.

Ironically, we raced each other again at Kembla for the Under 30 '93 Vintage Championship. His immaculate TM400 out classed my borrowed CZ400 passing me for the win on the last lap of each moto. Those old bikes were real bitches to ride, super nice power and steering, appalling chassis. My wrist still hurts to this day from that meeting and I never even fell off.  he was a top bloke off the track, very competitive on the track..I always thought it ambitious taking on those Dakar events, one slip and you're ratshit with such a shithouse reputation for safety.

Andy will never be forgotten.

Great Guy and a no shit competitor shouldn't happened to such a good guy

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 04:51:30 pm »
For those who have been watching Dakar......9 January marks the third anniversary of the passing of the greatest man to ever swing a leg over a TM 400...our thoughts are with Tracey and the Caldecott family at this time..

Just watching the riders doing sign-on for this years 2011 Argentina Dakar,some amazing gear on these bikes now.  8)
Remembering you Andy RIP.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 08:53:59 pm »
January 9 ...comes around way too quick..RIP Andy... 5 years on...