Author Topic: Monoshock adjustment  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Monoshock adjustment
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:46:25 pm »
OK all you Yamaha gurus - I nearly have my motor sorted on my YZB - next is front and rear suspension.  Will get Walter to help out with a set of PD valves for the front but can somebody tell me how you adjust up the rear if it is toooooo soft for my rather handsomeley (!) proportioned frame?  Are they just adjustable on nitrogen pressure in the accumulator?

thanks

Catch ya!

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Monoshock adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:25:25 am »
The early monos seem to run really high pressure - and with that big thick shaft (tee hee), it makes a difference.

Pretty sure they've got a 46mm piston, so Walter should be able to help you out with a modern valve piston, a stiffer spring and then you can run lower gas pressure (ie: basically turn it into a modern shock).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

YSS

Re: Monoshock adjustment
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 07:39:39 am »
You are on the money Nathan , Springrate is No 1  and then you make the damping to suit.
Keep in mind those shocks and forks where made for  pre 80 tracks  and blokes of 75 kg . pumping up shocks and forks is definitely only a bandaid , but not a cure.