Author Topic: WR240  (Read 2273 times)

maicoman

WR240
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:21:53 pm »
This is a photo of my Husky I used to own. A 1985 WR240, fitted with a PE front rim because the previous owner hit a tree stump and destroyed the front wheel and broke the frame at the headset. The bike was not very old when this occurred. It spent most of it's life under someone's house before it was rescued. This photo was taken shortly after a quick rebuild.  I changed the front end and fitted USD forks from a TE410. It went like the powers of piss and easily shit on big 4 strokes. I was suprised that it just kept winding out with the wide ratio box and had no problem sitting on 140kph on the open fire trails. I sold it to a guy in Burwood,NSW who wanted to register it. He was talking about putting in a ceramic coated piston but I later saw it at several swap meets with a 17" front wheel and road tyres for $1200.I wander where it is now.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: WR240
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:48:55 pm »
Nice Bikes huh.

This was mine that last time I seen it she was heading to the sunny coast

maicoman

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:20:33 pm »
Very nice. I defanetly prefer the white huskies than the pre 83 models. The main reson for selling it was the waterpump housing was rotted out. I had repaired it several times but I ended up buying a 2003 yz wr250 2stroke. They were a limited run of compliance motorcrossers. It went well but didn't have the long legs of the husky.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:54:26 am »
Didnt do a thing to mine except wash it and burn the exhaust, had reciepts for over 6 G when I bought it for $2400.
 If it would have been VMX legal I would have kept it to run moto but  now seeing as vinduro is up and coming I am kicking myself as it would have been  a very competitive bike.

Yours even has the stickers intact and from memory that pattern was the first run, Mine was one of the last numbered 240's to hit Oz and had a different sticker pattern but the same monoshock and Non disk front end. Damn nice bikes

maicoman

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 08:43:56 am »
They are top bikes. My mate was selling a WR430 86 model recently. It was all complete, just needed a tidy up. It went really well. He want $1000 but I didn't have the money at the time. I think he got desperate and sold it for $800 in the end. I should have bought it. I wouldn't say no to another Husky but something would have to go to finance it. I am considering parting with my IT490 and putting the money into my  1983 KX500A. It sure as hell would  go harder than a IT.

Offline jimbo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:03:41 pm »
Of all the Huskies I'ved owned the 87 wr 240 was  a great  ride-I loved mine ! just laterly I've decided to rebuild a wr 400 water bottle because of the great vibes the 240  etched in my psyche, Regards Jimbo

Offline Husky1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 05:52:00 pm »

It is interesting how the WR and XC and also post 1983 models seem to be becoming increasingly desirable.