Author Topic: Manjimup  (Read 3897 times)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Manjimup
« on: January 05, 2009, 09:48:37 pm »
Rather than completely hijack the other thread, for the interest of those who were at Manjimup or those who couldnt make it, i will attempt to find my photos of the event, some of which were Stefan Everts sitting next to his factory RM125 crying after a puncture ruined his day and Belguims chances of winning, Bayles mechanic working on his factory RC500, and the New Zealand factory race transporter... a circa 68 Ford transit van(or similar) complete with a hand drawn Kiwi bird on the side(disguising all the rust i think)
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Maico31

Re: Manjimup
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 09:56:00 pm »
Post them up mate.. i was there but it would be good to see your shots to refresh my memory of a great weekend.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 06:54:02 pm »
2008 WA,feature for this weekend was Pre 65. ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 07:21:42 pm by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:33:53 pm »
Alison/Steve - I like that photo?  guess who's at the front (very rare, maybe even collectible!!!!!!).

;D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:00:21 am »
hijacking your thread suzuki 211  :-X
For those who rode the Manji track back when.  8)
Approach up Rock N Roll hill-looking back towards pits and start line.

Best is in the West !!

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 10:26:37 am »
Thats almost where I stood for MXdN and can't remember any table tops up that hill; just a couple of steepish up jumps  ???  ???

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 07:40:52 pm »
What a good looking track that is Alison, well worth your early start to get there ;D ;D ;D just got your email,  enjoy the chinese ;)

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac

Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 08:34:47 pm »
they are uphill jumps - not table tops - just the angle of the dangle.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 06:04:50 pm »
they are uphill jumps - not table tops - just the angle of the dangle.

Rock and Roll hill june 2009 pre85 event

think it's a table top for pre75, the suspension on the 360 confirms that!!lol

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 06:11:33 pm »
Yes, I see your point.  At my speed, the "table tops" are no longer table-tops; simply an uphill jump with a flat landing  ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 12:06:26 pm »
What an epic weekend.
UK Anderson 1st,Mossy 2nd and Dean 'WA' Porter 3rd.Anderson stated at the awards that Aust tracks especially Manjimup was very similer to the europian tracks, with sand and hardpack.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:13:56 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Manjimup 2013
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 09:38:39 am »
Once again its such a buzz to get these pro riders in the west. Well done to all involved.
Fullnoise Motocross News
Motorex KTM's Todd Waters and Kirk Gibbs dominate Manjiump 1500
Posted: Monday, 10th June, 2013 : 11:22 AM - - 71 Reads
Motorex KTM riders Todd Waters and Kirk Gibbs ensured their respective Manjimup debuts would be memorable ones with a spectacular 1-2 in the 2013 Manjimup 15,000 yesterday at the Cosy Creek circuit, three hours south of Perth.

Waters, who leads this year’s MX Nationals championship at the half-way mark, earned himself a coveted place on the clubhouse honour roll with a second place and three wins on the famous track - the site of the 1992 Motocross of Nations in Australia.

“Manjimup was a really good experience." Waters stated. "The biggest thing is the clubhouse; the memorabilia there is something special! It’s this Heritage Listed clubhouse that’s been there for years and years and you walk in and there are a heap of photos of all the life members and the Des Nations.

"Leisky’s on the wall there and guys like Ando (Craig Anderson) and Andrew McFarlane. It was a real inspiration to win it. I wanted to be one of those guys on that list.

"The track was great; really fast straights into hard pack hills then into rough, soft sand on the flats. It combined two different terrains and riding styles which was tricky," the Queenslander explained.

"It started off pretty one-lined, and I tend to go better when you’ve got to use your imagination a little, which was why I came into my own more at the end. It was good to win here and a win over international riders always looks good on paper as well.

"Kirk stepping it up was good and very exciting for KTM. I love competition and having a team mate like Kirk who I get along with but am also able to race closely with is great.” Waters concluded.

Kirk Gibbs nearly stole the spotlight from his more fancied team mate in W.A on the weekend - Credit: Innesphotografix 

Kirk Gibbs nearly eclipsed his more established team mate, winning the first moto off the back of a blindingly fast start, then taking three second places to finish just 6 points behind Waters.

Both riders mastered the demands of the iconic circuit, which blends deep, energy-sapping sand whoops with famous WA pea-gravel over hard pack, in the process fighting off high-quality local riders, former national champion Jay Marmont and AMA motocross top-ten rider Weston Peick, who crashed out of the event.

“The track was really awesome to race on." Gibbs enthused at the end of the days racing. "I got some good starts today and I’m happy with my result.

"With the shorter races and my starts being really good today I kept Toddy on his toes. My start in that first one was unbelievable - I couldn’t see anyone there!

"By the end of the lap I had a two second lead and I could see that Todd was catching me slightly here and there, then he put in a really hard last lap but I managed to hold him off. It’s good to get a win too, it gives me more confidence for nationals," the South Australian continued.

"It was great to ride close with him today too and see the little things I need to do better. I’m doing it better each time I get on the bike lately and having my starts dialled in obviously helps a lot.

"Racing this close with him is something we both enjoy and there’s no tension. Close, clean racing is what you want and there’s nothing better or more fun than that." Gibbs added.

Final Results - Manjimup 15,000, Cosy Creek, WA:
 1. Todd Waters 97
 2. Kirk Gibbs 91
 3. Jamie Law 72
 4. Jay Marmont 67
 5. Josh Adams 53
 6. Louis Calvin 51
 7. Kyle Webster 51
 8. Charlie Creech 38
 9. Paul Humberston 37
 10. Travis Freistat 37
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 08:53:48 pm »
History buffs...check this blog...some names we all know through the years !!
 http://mxofnations.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/1992.html
Best is in the West !!