Author Topic: whats a 125e worth  (Read 1482 times)

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
whats a 125e worth
« on: December 28, 2008, 09:37:46 pm »
trying to get an approximate value on what my 125e is worth just had entie mechanical rebuild and cosmetics are quite good too other than the slightly yellowed tank and som rust on some spokes heres a pic
MUGEN power

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: whats a 125e worth
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:13:29 pm »
Hello Caps,
Here is a very bias opinion, i love the "e" the 125E was the first of the cromoly frames on 125 yammy PRODUCTION YZ'S. and OTHER makes i think, first alloy swing arm on the 125 yammy and still has the classic ring through that muffler. Unfortunatly not too competative in the current class as it is against later models. I ride my 125e at least 4 times per year apart from nothing down low it pumps adrenalyn every ride. I recon your one looks to be worth $1700 - $2300 depending on many influences...
OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:19:41 am »
almost fogot its matching number too
MUGEN power

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 10:45:51 am »
You'd be very lucky/happy to get anything near $2000 in the current environment, I reckon.

As oldyzman said, they're a great bike that everyone loves, but they're also the oldest bike in the Evo class, so they're at a significant disadvantage against the bikes that have full long travel suspension etc.
And I'm going to ride you for fitting the wrong plastics again.... Obviously they're not hard to change, but they're among many details that will turn away the purists from this particular bike.
So really, you're only going to sell the bike to a racer - and if you were in the market for an Evo 125, you'd have to ask yourself whether a YZ125E the most competitive bike that you can buy for $2k....

Which is not to say that its worth nothing - the fresh rebuild means that it should be painless racing for the new buyer, and they ARE a good fun bike to ride. Good, honest, race-ready 125Ds seem to go for around $1000~1500 on Ebay.
I'd say that your E would be in a similar range, maybe a smidge more - the lower inherent value as a race bike being cancelled out by the fresh rebuild.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 11:18:28 am »
There are two variables to what you're saying Nathan, one is the emotional buyer, who had one back in the day , and the guy who goes out there and races for the fun of it 'cause he isn't a good rider and best of era wont make a difference . Hope you get decent money caps for the time and money put in.
Paint it red and its worth an extra $500 straight off the bat :D

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 11:29:17 am »
haha id love a red one but my time and money is now invested in my rm125a but ill try to hold onto my e as long as i can i just love that bike
MUGEN power