Author Topic: New member  (Read 3500 times)

leonrekrah

« on: December 28, 2008, 02:46:09 pm »
Hi to all, I,m MAICO 54   been meaning to get on this forum for a while now,new to computers but not bikes,been playing in the dirt and on the road since about 12 y/o as you all know it,s a hard habit to kick once in the blood.I,ve just been reading a few of the stories about the old days in the records and it sure brings back some great memories.I,ve made many lifelong friends over the years through my involvement in bikes,and that to me is one of the best aspects of our chosen addiction.Still got the odd bike or two around the shed,not like steve,brad ,john,russ,and many more of you guys out there although once I rekon I could have, ADBW.         Any way, can,t wait for 09 to start as we,ve got both classic dirt and the nats at connondale...I rekon it,s going to blow the organisers away with the turnout when you look at the support MX across the board is getting in QLD at the moment , just gotta look at the crowd at the recent SuperX an entries across all our disiplines.....So it,s going to be a great year ,Hope you all have a good 2009 doing it dirty..............Noel

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:50:37 pm »
Welcome Noel.
I reckon its gonna be a bonanza year too.
I have $2700 saved for the Conondale VMX Nats/holiday in  Qld 09. Missed Tassie last year.  :'(
There will be no stopp'n me going to sunny Queensland this year.  :P  Hope we catch ya there.
cheers
Alison from WA
Best is in the West !!

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 10:20:15 am »
Mister Noel! Good to see you make it to the new millennium tech wise! Just don't punch the pc if it isn't doing what its told. Being around the old girls as long as you have it will certainly will be an asset to have your input on the forum.
And another Maico-ophile!!
 Here's to more great memories in '09!
You dyslexic bugger!
Cheers,Brad

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 11:13:00 am »
hey noel loved watching you work on the track and now i can,t wait to see your work on the computer good luck.hope you had great year and looking forward to a great year with all these events are in our neck of the woods shit hot hay

leonrekrah

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 01:09:06 pm »
Thanks for the welcome fellas,hey Brad what,s dyslexic,is that what my sister,s got for washing up.......I,

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 11:20:22 pm »
Hi Noel I was one of the teenagers who bought riding gear and Suzuki parts from you at Phil Thews shop and greatly enjoyed watching you racing on RMs.
Regards
David Lahey
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 12:36:43 am »
Gidday Noel, I also recognise your name from back in the day.
I think I also recognise one of my photos as your avatar; here's a couple more of #54 from the files.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

firko

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 06:57:47 am »
I remember both you and your brother from the drag racing days. Welcome aboard.

leonrekrah

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 06:54:24 pm »
Hi Dave Wombat and Firko,thanks for the welcome......I had to steal your pic for the avatar[whatever the hell that is] wombat hope you don,t mind..I,ve got plenty of pics from the old days at Phil Thew Moto from the early 70,s on ,Mountain Man ,Mr Motocross,Aus titles etc but will have to wait til my son comes around to help me post them, cause like Brad said I can,t wash dishes,or something like that....It,s a major effort pushing thes little buttons one at a time...Firko I gave up the drags early on and went MXing as I couldn,tget my head around the fact that the more money you spent the less time you acutally got to ride....one of my big brothers Steve,now spends hundreds of thousands$$$ just for a 5 second buzz,just kidding, strokes for folks I guess.He,s full time pro in the States now and doin well , runner up in his funnycar div this year,another Aussie out there..His twin daughters are both driving alcohol rails over there as well..Personally I,m more partial To the drinking kind these days,although that new year thing gets harder each year.....A bit similar to when you throw a leg over a dirt bike,all those good intentions and promises to the missus that I,ll just take it easy and have a bit of fun with me mates go bye bye and you instantly revert to a 10 foot tall 18 year old.................................................

Maico31

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 07:05:15 pm »
Noel i would've thought New Years Eve was a walk in the park for you after all the practice you had at the Thunder-X this year. ;) Good to see you finally learned to type and joined up! Yes i remember the good old days at Phil Thew Moto as well... dodging empty beer cans following you home from Lismore one year. ;D

leonrekrah

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 07:49:53 pm »
Hey John,were those good days or what????????At the Thunder X I have to race you guys the next day so I take it easy.....He He

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 08:16:38 pm »
Looking forward to any old 'back in the day' photos!
I was a big fan of Phil Thew's Peter Boyle and Stewie McLachlan - they carved up Tivoli back when I relied on Mum to take me to watch.

Walking into Phil Thew Moto was like 'Motocross Mecca' to a young bloke learning to ride on a YZ 80.
8)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Maico31

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 08:25:09 pm »
Yeah those guys were awesome.. loved to watch Boyle giving it 110% he was spectacular. Stewart was a brilliant rider, it was a really sad day when he passed away, way too young.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 08:28:17 pm »
Hey Noel, any chance you have any Phil Spew stickers??? ha ha

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 08:34:45 pm »
What's your plan Brad? Take a photo, fabricate and sell on? ;) :D ;D