Author Topic: Buyer Beware!  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Buyer Beware!
« on: December 20, 2008, 12:21:16 pm »
Guys - have just found out that 79CRparts has started trading again on Ebay - check out his feedback and beware if you wish to buy from him - I am still waiting on my refund!

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

STW996

Re: Buyer Beware!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 01:11:31 pm »
The old ebay thing again, it must be luck or something as I dealt with this guy twice on ebay and several others times off line and had no problem with him at all. Yes his freight prices were high but I got a like new clutch basket from him for 50 cents (that was the start price and no one bid on it!) it had a postage charge of (I think) 25 bucks which was high (I thought) but I new from the start what it was going to cost me so still at 25.50 was dam cheap. At the end of the day if a bloke quotes a price for freight per item and does not say he will combine well that is what you need to keep in mind before bidding.

We did tell me of a couple of stories of guys whating to pick stuff up to save cash but could understand him not wanting to do this but nor would I with a container load of parts in my back yard and dealing with guy's you don't know from a bar of soap!

Each to his own I think but I can only give him 100% feedback as that is what I got and I ended up spend a lot of cash with him.

This post is not to mean anything but give another view to the guy.

Shane
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:17:34 pm by STW996 »

James W

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 04:12:41 pm »
On the subject of Ebay, it really is the lucky dip of life. I have purchased a few things now for my 1982 CR250 restoration and all have been good except to one. I got a swingarm and rear shock for $8.55 AUS in a US auction and I have not heard a word to my many enquiries as to how much the freight cost was, or if he was going to conclude the transaction.  :-X  I can only conclude he was not happy with the auction price, and now he doesn't want to sell it.  :-\ Not in the spirit at all. 
James

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 12:35:32 pm »
actually I agree with you Shane - but I was told postage would be combined - it wasn't - he quoted $15 to the US and $60 to Perth after the sale was closed - when I queried this he relisted and sold the parts after I had paid him.  As I was saying check out his feedback and ask lots of questions first.

I shant buy from him again - thats all - and I am not the only one.

catch ya.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 08:33:30 am »
I read this post, then forgot! I just bought from him. Charged me $25 for a $4.20 postage cost. Part isn't right either. So far he hasn't returned my email. I can feel a negative feedback coming on!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 09:36:29 am »
i hope everyone now knows what you got to do to ship exhaust pipes from the states for reasonable dollars - in one piece, its over $US300 shipping (!!!), but with the header cut off, $US60.  either that, or go thru a shipping agent (takes longer).

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 03:54:15 pm »
The guy is a flake !

I received this reply via evilbay email after I queried the amount he had stated for postage relating to Honda Elsinore 1979 1978 CR250 RZ head stay bracket # 320340860627 - go figure this logic ???

"If you bid and no one else does the item will cost you $20.20 delivered to you.
I think this is a reasonable min. price for this item."

He can get stuffed and keep his parts >:( !!! Why the f... doesn't he just put them on evilbay at a fair starting price and just charge the true freight not some inflated shit. I'm sure ebay has a policy about this sort of crap.

Any one know who he is or if he is in the VMX Circle of Trust. lol ???

I'd love to see him attempt to argue his logic on this forum .............

Cheers

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 05:05:07 pm »
I bought from him. The rubber strap has a split in it one one side, he photographed the other and said 'good condition'.
I bitched about that and the ridicules postage. No apologies for this but will refund MOST of the costs. $25 post for a $4 cost. I said using your theory, it should be all costs plus a handling fee to send back. Funny, he only wants to pay $4 postage. His time is obviously much more valuable than mine.  I am ready to just give him negative feedback out of principle.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 05:25:15 pm »
Hey Brad

Give it to him - I wouldn't deal with the shonk and you may save others from the same fate.

Sorry to hear you have been touched up - bullshitters will eventually get bad karma and he'll get his.

Cheers mate

Dave Mac

PS - any word on the MIA part - surely it's there somewhere ?
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 09:46:15 pm »
Honestly mate, i have given up looking for the muffler. Sometimes when you stop looking you find it. If i do you will be the first to know. Sorry for the stuff up!

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

magoo

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 06:23:38 pm »
I know who he is and can easily find his address, I know guys who know him well. I've never bought off him so haven't been touched up by him, but know a few guys who have. He's not in the circle of trust and doesn't race Viper.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 07:27:41 pm »
Hey Brad - I have every confidence in ya mate, lol!

Im with you Magoo - That CR parts dude does not appear to be getting any takers and I hope he realises that you get more bees with nectar that you do with vinegar $20 to post a head stay - piss off  >:(

Check out the 'postage' for an old barrel - $400 - ffffaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk !

Any one out there got a clean greenstripe frame they are prepared to sell - I am happy to pay good money for a frame I can use straight up especially if it has the frame plate still attached but not critical - condition of paint etc unimportant but want a GOOD untouched frame.

Dave Mac

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 10:25:29 pm »
I checked him out on ebay again the other day and see he now has 100% feedback because of the stupid way Ebay will not let you complain regards bad sellers - and this guy is one of the worst.  Still owes me $114. Lots and lots of promises but of course no money ever came back.  If I get to meet him one day I may be a little happier  >:(  He has kept a low profile for a while and just recently come back on the scene still trying to offload the container load of parts he bought from the States!

Rossco

1974 Yamaha YZ360B

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:13 pm »
I just had a look at the latest list of parts he is offering after the $400 mail postage cost for the barrel - $75 for a rear sprocket and $60 for a cdi - I hope he doesn't get many bites at that price?

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B