Author Topic: Old Suzuki parts  (Read 4246 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Old Suzuki parts
« on: November 30, 2008, 11:01:25 pm »
I took a list of TM125 parts to the local dealer last week and was told none of them were available and that Suziparts have bought all the old stock parts from Suzuki Aust.
Does anyone know if this is true or are the parts children just a bunch of lazy little forks as I suspect?

If my assumption is correct, can anyone reccomend a dealer, anywhere, who may help with parts availability?

Cheers

Brent

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:41:05 pm by brent j »
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Old Suzuki parts
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:56:58 am »
yes it is a bit of lazy ness i work at bikes plus in vic we are a suzukis spares dealer
MUGEN power

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 08:47:48 pm »
Brent -I normaly do a search with Alpha first, which gives a fair indication of what parts are available then do as you have - write the part # down and make the lazy ficker at sparts look em up  ??? Suzi parts ARE NOT cheap , but seems to have the resourses to track down that hard to get part

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 08:53:26 pm »
Suziparts just have the old stock from cornell suzuki, the SA distributor back then.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 08:59:25 pm »
I have to say that I found Suziparts invaluable in restoring my TM125. Prices were OK in most cases, a bit steep in others. But on the whole not too bad. The best thing was that they could find nearly everything I wanted, and usually very quickly. The ease of just sending an email, getting confirmation the next day, and the part in my postbox a few days later was just great. eBay was good originally but while there is still no end of TM parts available, they have become quite expensive. For example the mythical engine covers were easily sourced off eBay several years ago for next to nothing. I still have a couple of spares for my RM125M as a result of how easy to find they were back then. I can't think of a single thing, other than more rare things like pipes, tanks and seats, that couldn't be had from Suziparts or eBay. I wouldn't waste my time with a local dealer.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 10:01:52 pm »
which dealer showed this superlative service - dare one ask?!
I'll make a note not to call them  ;)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 10:08:01 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys.
I've used the Alpha sport website and checked out Suziparts but not bought anything yet.

Luke, the dealer is NT motorcycle centre.
They seem to be the best advert for the local Honda dealer!

Oldfart, have you tried your front springs with no preload in the DR yet?????????????

Cheers

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 10:09:38 pm »
Holy Cow! That's only the second RM125M pipe I've ever seen on eBay...

If I had the spare cash!

I have half an RM125S pipe in the garage, all I need is to fabricate a header pipe and she's good to go. Maybe one day. But that stock M pipe, hmmm... I guess it'd cost a fortune with shipping, sadly.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 10:19:28 pm »
Holy Cow! That's only the second RM125M pipe I've ever seen on eBay...

If I had the spare cash!

I have half an RM125S pipe in the garage, all I need is to fabricate a header pipe and she's good to go. Maybe one day. But that stock M pipe, hmmm... I guess it'd cost a fortune with shipping, sadly.

From that seller, shipping would be less than $60US
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Doc

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 12:08:10 am »
Before I realized 'anything' I bought all my RM80 resto bits from SuziParts. I don't mean to come across as ungrateful but afterwards upon double checking prices I'd found I'd paid almost 3 times the current list prices on parts still available over the counter :o this was not everything I'd wanted but all I could afford and at the time I thought it good I could still get the parts for my old bike. No I didn't check the dealers first and I wasn't into ebay back then. Yes it was posted fast but I paid quite heavily for that also and with this little hindsight it's now my last port of call :-\
Had a bit of a moment at the local dealer here just last week..might have been the week before :-\ anyway, asked for a clutchplate for an '84ish KTM125, shook his head and actually laughed as if to say "you eeeediot!" I mentioned the possibilty this plate was used in various models and he then tells me they don't stock any parts at all and wasn't at all helpful. I had to ask if it was possible to order one but it never eventuated. Not to mention this part was supposedly ordered previously over the phone but of course no record of that either ::) Gone is any after sales service these days, beats me how they survive on new sales alone ???

what's the list of bits Brent??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 12:17:11 am by Doc »

oldfart

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 06:52:36 am »
Yes ... and seems too spongy = nose dive's = rocking chair ride. Speak to you over xmas    Cheers

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 09:00:50 am »
I've had good service from both Mick Hone Suzuki and Raceway Suzuki here in Melbourne, and have been surprised at the availability of certain parts.

Tex

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 10:20:33 am »
yes suzi parts is very expensive for parts you can just get at a local dealer but sometimes he can get you that hard to find part. i found it was best to email as many times of phone calls and he say he will call you back but doesnt but every time ive emailed he does answer promptly. a lot of times when i go ordering parts from a dealer, if they havent got it they will then ask suzi parts if they have it in stock which is good.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 04:09:51 pm »
Winning bid on that RM pipe was $510 USD...