Author Topic: Jack Hogg Classic Dirt Track 2009 Moruya  (Read 16193 times)

firko

Re: Jack Hogg Classic Dirt Track 2009 Moruya
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 09:28:07 am »
Are ya coming Harro? For such a Honda lovin' Nancy Boy, Magoo does indeed whore himself around for a ride. Next thing he'll be hitting me up for a skid on my Maico  ::).

firko

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2009, 11:15:46 am »
Any updates re: weather in Moruya and whether Jack Hoggs's still on? It's pissing down here in the Heart of the Golden West.

Harro

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2009, 11:35:51 am »
Firko,
I cant make it to Jack Hogg....my next play will probably be at Broadford hopefully my six day Matador will be ready and will take a Sherpa as well I just need a Pursang 360 for the trifecta they are a bit more user freindly than the Bandido and I know how much you love Buls!!!
Then looking forward to the Narellan pub mafia vinduro at Rockley....Hans is keen for it he has a 81 430WR that he is getting ready and Stefan is up for it as well, its a matter of funds and what events to ride as there is plenty going on that doesnt involve racing just old blokes,old bikes an a lot of bul.
Harro

husky61

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2009, 12:42:38 pm »
Jack Hogg Classic

Peter , Ribbo and I had a great week-end

Outstanding meeting

Very well run , enough rides to make sure you were fatigued at the end of the day.

Cool weather and over cast all day. Perfect riding conditions

Very nice surface which made for fast riding.

The tyre wall was even nice and soft (that's another story)

The Sydney boy's kicked the Newcastle kids like old cans and Ribbo won a trophy.

The beer was cold and the Pizza's were very tasty.

Great week-end with great mates

Shoey

oz555ktm

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2009, 12:59:30 pm »
Well just got home from The Jack Hogg.

Well where do I start ??????

Bad News First!!!!!!

Rosco 400 Had a Very Bad Smash in the First of he race.
On the fastest part of the track.
 (top came of the Carby stuck Full 110 Km ++)
   Run into Les 99 .
Rosco Now in Canberra Hospital Broken Bones ++++
Les 99 Bad Bruseis and No Skin on hes ASS, Bum  ,back side.

Ricky  in for X-rays  Pos  Broken Ankel, Leg
          Hes Foot came of the Pegs in a turn and he run over his Foot .

I Like to wish them all a Get Well Soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of Sore Old Men to Day
Magoo        Bad Head Pain and Loss of blance ,Blood shot Eyes ????

Now the GooD News
The Racing was Fast and Hot and Clean all of the Guys who got Damage
was  by Bad Luck ..Only..
 Foram winers .....................
Les R 99  Suzuki
Ribbo  Husky
Nole  CZZZZ
Ricky with a busted Leg still on a 3rd Suzuki
Snowy76 Honda and Yamaha TT500
Magoo on a Bultaco
Kev C on a BSA

I will give a beter Report on winer Later.
Must Un pack and go and
try to see  Rosco in Canberra Hospital .

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:46:53 pm by oz555ktm »

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2009, 02:45:30 pm »
You forgot oz555ktm on your winners list, give Rosco all the best when you see him.
Couple of CR`s

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2009, 02:58:58 pm »
I'm home safe,
got Ricky and Ross's bike's safely as far as Sydney and left Browny to get them the rest of the way
Ricky in good spirits, though popping plenty of pain killers on the way.
Rossco rang from Hospital this morning sounded like they were giving him the good drugs,

He was really upset about taking Les down on his wild ride. and holding up the meeting.
didn't seem to concerned for himself , but I think he is a bit of a mess , Hand and ribs,
maybe more, haven't operated yet.

I hope all goes well for these blokes.

the only picture worth posting that I managed to get between rides
this is about as far apart as these 2 got all meeting

cheers
Noel

PS and Magoo won a trophy for an event he didn't even ride in ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:17:51 pm by Noel »

magoo

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2009, 04:56:54 pm »
This year was the third time I've been to Jack Hogg and it is now, to me, one of the must do events on the Calendar. Brilliantly run meeting, great racing and a great bunch of guys. Brett Chipperfield and Rossco400 ended up in Hospital together. Seeing it was Valentines Day maybe they could have got themselves a double bed. Brett has a broken leg and Rossco 3 broken knuckles, 3 broken front ribs and 1 back rib. He's hurting bad but asking if Les is pissed off with him for taking him out. I'd reckon not, shit happens.
Firko was there looking like the love god that he is, along with Billy Forsythe. A great time had by all and I even won a trophy without riding the class, Mark Austin rode the bike i entered and I got the trophy, COOL.
Anyone who gave it a miss really missed out, next year maybe.

Devilman

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2009, 06:56:35 pm »
wow!!! bit of carnage huh??? would have been me for sure if I'd come, track looked scary fast from  the overhead shot posted and speed can often begat tatters .... tatters at speed is not advised... however leather sounds like it would be advised ...mmm onepiece leather .....

firko

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 11:49:48 pm »
For various reasons beyond my control I've missed the Jack Hogg meeting in previous years. This year I found myself free so decided to grab old Billy Forsyth and make the journey south to Moruya. Despite the pissy weather the meeting went off like a firecracker. The vibe was great, the racing was close and the organisation friendly and professional without becoming overbearing. A number of forum punters made the journey. Mark Austin, Husky67, Husky 61, Ribbo, Snowy76, OZ555,Noel, Rossco400, Magoo and many more Sydney and country racers had a ball on the well prepped track. As previously stated, there were a couple of nasty crashes that sadly sent a couple of racers to hospital. Rossco400 had a specially nasty off when his carburetor came apart causing a full throttle jam into the rear of an unsuspecting Les Richters. Both riders hit the deck pretty hard, with Les losing a fair bit of bark and Ross coming off a fair bit worse with a number of broken bones. Apparently he ended up in hospital along side Brett Chipperfield who had crashed his slider, breaking his leg. There were a few other less traumatic injuries but it didn't deter too much from the cool vibe of the event.
This meeting is the perfect season opener so my advice is to not miss it next February.

Husky 61 (Shoey) had a hoot of a time on his newly completed Husky CR400

Les Richters on his sweet Maico 400 Magnum.

Les looked a tad dazed after his nasty get off but later came back and rode Big Kevs ex Harro TM400 and lived to talk about it.

Sliders, speedway bikes and TQ speedcars added to the mixture at Moruya

Griffiths David Gras on his XL350 heads XL500 mounted Todd Baxter.

Ribbo and the Husky Brothers (61 & 67) talk Husky team strategy.

Big Kev, Shoey and Les Richters had one of the best dices of the day.

Big Kev and Marky Austin do the Bultaco leader thing. Mark later chucked the Pursang away in the same spot.

Big Kev gets the holeshot from Shoey and Mark Austin

Greg Banks was a rocket on his XL500 S Honda. Here he's chased by Snowy76 (Honda CR250)and Noel on his recently aquired CZ360

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:19:45 am by firko »

colmoody

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2009, 07:51:21 pm »
All good firko. Has anyone else got any more shots from Moruya, like Mark Austin perhaps.

Mark Austin

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 08:09:51 pm »
Sorry I didn't take any photos this time, too busy riding ;D
Billy Forsyth took heaps of photos, so I'll have to have a chat to him about it, not doubt some of the best will show up in the next edition of VMX Magazine.
Cheers,
Mark

oz555ktm

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 09:57:49 pm »
I went and Seen Rosco He looked alright for a guy who got hit by a MACK truck .

He should be back home Now

Rosco400

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2009, 10:14:42 pm »
Well not my best ride weekend away by a long shot but does give me a different perspective::)

Just got off the plane  couple hours ago and alls good, people helping everywhere, strangers carrying stuff for me at the airport, kinda restores your faith in people in general

Thanks to all who helped throughout this ordeal, great support from the VMX community trying to help me get home and special thanks to Dennis (oz555ktm)for taking the time out to call into hospital with a coffee and a cake and an offer to drive me  home which Canberra to Newcastle and back is no easy task. Same offer from Magoo from his place and to all the guys who rang up to see if they could help in anyway. thank you

Nothing like a few broken bones to let you know your still alive and that you have a good network of mates

Sick feeling taking out one of your friends when you've got no control and happens in the blink of an eye. Would not of thought Mikuni cap would/could of unscrewed itself  but there you go :-[

Did ring Les up and seems hes ok but for few aches pains and arse scrape.

Canberra hospital staff and the Ambos from Moruya were just awesome and could not do enough in my short stay. As far as hospital experiences go, could not thank em enough,

Now just have to go and get the bikes out this weekend for a blast before I run out of Morphine guessing i wont get to ride for a month or three and gotta wire me knuckles back in  place this week :-\

Do have to say though im big believer in all body armour and believe the knee, elbow and CTI wrist braces saved the day. Dissappointing part was had to get the new Maico Jersey with a lap and a half cut from the body as well as the Body armour suit.

Now just gotta convince the missus, chicks dig scars ;D

oz555ktm

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2009, 10:21:25 pm »

Whats the News  on Ricky .

Grapevine says Broken Tib and Fib. torn Musel off Bone/Ankle .

When under the Knife to day .
pins screws.