Author Topic: VMX Issue 31 off to the printers  (Read 16662 times)

gator

Re: VMX Issue 31 off to the printers
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 09:05:48 am »
in the next issue of vmx can we have DOC laying on top of YZ250G naked :o :o :as centre fold :P :P????
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:09:38 am by gator »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 09:13:37 am »
Hmmm might just cancell my sub  ;D
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 10:49:32 am »
Now that's somthing I don't want to see :-\Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Doc

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 02:10:25 pm »
 :D me on a naked Yamaha!!

not in this lifetime Gator! ;D

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 10:34:59 pm »

VMX #31 hit my letterbox a couple of days ago and as always Ken, Ray (yeah I believe in divine intervention - Ray's still watching over his baby!) and all of the VMX crew have done a great job AGAIN !!!

I don't know about anyone else but I still thumb over my first copies like it was yesterday and to think we have 31 of the best mags on our shelves to trip back down memory lane in - cool !!!

See you at the back of the pack !!!
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline suzukimx

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 10:56:46 pm »
DOC--i visit the site and i see this ????shows you what happens when you get into YAHAMA stuff---they were the first major player with a mono---thats why my 95 yz 250---is kept clear and away from the SUZUKI herd--!!!!will e-mail you--got burnt bad on e-bay---and this guy has been good---latter  buzzymx45
member MSC since 1968 as #45/AMA dist2/34-#45--ACR as #45 and AHRMA #45D--LONG LIVE 125 TWO STROKES

gator

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 09:20:51 am »
What was the most poplar lssue of vmx and what's a number 1 worth or a set. ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:22:40 am by gator »

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 02:33:48 pm »

OK - for my money I think number 4 is the one alot of guys seem to be after. To the value of a complete set , well I have seen  a couple go for good money but honestly can't remember the totals but an approximate tally of 31 copies at say $13 each on average would see $403 and i would happily part with that tomorrow if my set ever disappeared - they are simply that good !!!

Actually speaking of good - how many dirt bike mags do you know these days that you open the first page to see the contents index like you do with VMX !!! I was saying to the big guy I sponsor (my son james, Lol!) how it sucks when you open ADB, MXA etc and have ten pages of Fox, Thor, No Fear (shit gear by the way) before you get to the index of contents.

See you at the back of the pack !!!
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 03:49:03 pm »
I've seen 1 go for $350 us(no.4) a full set for nearly $1200 au, i jagged no. 6 for $40 odd dollars. But seen a set pass in at 800au, i bought 7-28 and no.1 for about $120. 2-6 inclusive are the ones that get the bucks as i found out being a late comer.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 08:02:26 pm »
My issue arrived today and I dropped everything and ripped open the packet like a kid at Xmas and stared quietly at  the Maico mounted cover- then unusally for me, I put it on the shelf and finished off some work- I will try to read it sparingly ,and not in one session. I am sure it will be another "Ball tearer", "Rip snorter", "Bottler", "Bobby dazzler", "Bewdy", thanks to the VMX crew for another "Bumper" edition to enjoy.

Doc

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 08:33:39 pm »
 :'( I'd like another sticker pretty please..maybe with the next issue ;D the  VMX decal I had ever-so strategically placed on my hot-rod van got damaged :o by moi  ::) idiot!

only got my hands on the mag an hour or so ago but so far it's seriously good stuff!  :)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:36:19 pm by Doc »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 09:10:46 am »
What was the most poplar lssue of vmx and what's a number 1 worth or a set. ??? ??? ???

Most of them are still available as back-issues - so they're worth $13 each.
But the ones that aren't available as back-issues are rapidly appreciating. I know of a few people sitting on multiple copies of the rare issues waiting to cash in.

It seems that complete sets are worth less than the sum of the individual copies.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 09:22:21 am »
OK, time for a shameless plug. ::)

A little known fact is that the VMX distributor in the UK has stocks of VMX back issues, including a few that have sold out in Australia (like issue #23 for example) and also undamaged copies of the ones which are only available damaged here in OZ.

You can buy these copies and get them sent to OZ.  They will cost more than buying them locally due to the postage, but you can still get them.... ;)

Here's the link to the UK Distributor, if you're interested in getting the rarer copies... 8)

http://www.tmxnews.co.uk/website_content/subscriptions__merchandise/vmx/index.html

firko

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 12:12:08 pm »
Great issue chaps. Once again you got the balance just right. The MZ story is a nice bit of history and I liked Jeffs laid back take on the Coffs Nats.  There are, however some very ugly heads hidden behind those helmets on page 46's 250 EVO shootout! On a personal basis it's cool that my story on Kristy Rowlands Astro and my column are in there. The shining glory however is that I got a starring role in Roger Harveys cartoon along with all sorts of celebrities including Roger De Coster, Jim Weinert, Marty Tripes, a bewildered looking Ken Smith and a shitload  more. Even my favourite writer, Hunter S Thompson got a go! 
' Firko the farkin Prophet" can now stand with my previous appearance as ' Sheriff Firkin' in ADB a few years ago. Thankfully, despite all of this multi media stardom, it hasn't spoiled me and I'm still the same sweet and lovable teddy bear I've always been.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:23:43 pm by firko »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 12:41:28 pm »

' Firko the farkin Prophet" can now stand with my previous appearance as ' Sheriff Firkin' in ADB a few years ago.

i liked the "Predicts the past" tag
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)