Author Topic: Yamaha 'G' model airboxes  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Yamaha 'G' model airboxes
« on: November 26, 2008, 08:49:44 pm »
I owned an IT175G in 1980 but I don't remember what the airbox was like. But the ones on my IT175G and YZ250G resto projects are shithouse. Is that really how they are supposed to be? They don't look very dirtproof with that dumb seating ring, and the screw on holder thing... WTF? And there's bugger all room to get your poor little mitts in there. What's the go, do they actually work?

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha 'G' model airboxes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:27:34 pm »
Welcome to the 'G' spot Graeme  ;)  yeah the airbox is a shit of a thing, I dont know what yamaha were thinking that day but I'm sure a woman had something to do with it because its just to difficult to work with  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:35:39 pm »
I had forgotten what a pain these things were... >:( >:(
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:44:10 pm »
Man, that IT one is bad enough. But the YZ! You gotta somehow wiggle those two threaded lugs through the airbox wall on either side of the carb boot and then thread on the wingnuts to hold it there. Wingnuts?

They shoulda taken that designer out the front, given him a public flogging, whipped off his head and jammed it on a post in front of the entrance way, just so's no other clot would come up with anything so naff!