Author Topic: Proton ute  (Read 11893 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Proton ute
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:55:01 pm »
Okay I know some of you blokes would say don't touch them  :o  But I'm thinking its the way to go maybe  :-\ does anyone out there know about these utes.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Proton ute
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:57:49 pm »
ive seen em i like em would i buy one dunno ??? ???
MUGEN power

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:03:44 pm »
Front end is basically a Satria hatchback with a ute rear end, they are like jap cars in the early eighties starting to get a good reputation and definitely not as shit as they used to be but still room for improvement. They remind me of when the first Subaru Brumbies came out.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:33:46 pm »
The engine for the proton ute is from the early mitsubishi colts 1500 and proton bought Lotus out so they had lotus help design the ute. the ute will take 550kg so it should carry three bikes easy  :-\ jimson

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:52:25 pm »
Quite e few round here ,sold out of Bendigo. Farmers I know that have bought one, are happy with the little buggers and  well shit they don't usually treat utes with kid gloves.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 07:39:16 am »
the proton company  have the design licence for mitsubishi  and the satria and so on models reflect the previos years mitsubishi JDM models.
 was abit of political hoo haaa surrounding the company as the companies chairman is  the son of  a now ex president who was embroiled in many a shady dealings  and tis rumoured that the proton company was given a lot of illegal adavantages  with taxation and such.

One of these advantages was  as would be expected  monetary gains which assisted them in getting lotus to redesign the lotus chassis .
 not   too bad a vehicle for a smallish company as its basically a better made last years mitsubishi.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 09:52:23 am »
I think they own MV Agusta or something like that too now??
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 11:51:30 am »
Are they long enough to fit more than one bike? An XF Falcon needs the tail-gate down to fit more than one bike in, so I wonder if a Proton is long enough even with the tail-gate down?

Yeah, they're basically the old Mistu Mirage (the shape before the one were got here), with a ute rear on 'em. A 1.8 EFI conversion from a Lancer sedan would be a good move...

If the Hyundais are anything to go by, mechanically they're every bit as good as a jap car, but (after several years) they'll be let down by things like crap interior fabric and fragile door hnadles and stuff.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:15:17 pm »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 04:18:37 pm »
Ford utes have been letting me down with there door handles for years now Nathan  :o jimson

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 04:36:24 pm »
Ford utes have been letting me down with there door handles for years now Nathan  :o jimson

You got the wrong year Ford ute. Go back to the ones with steel doorhandles and vent windows.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 04:41:25 pm »

As a fellow XF ute owner, I know the pain! At least replacements are only $15 at Supercheap.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

TM BILL

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 06:21:25 pm »
Dont do it :o dont do it :o fer Gods sake dont do it man :o

oldfart

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 09:08:29 pm »
1 bike with tail gate down , nah not for me sorry . Take a look at the front guard arch hieght to tyre ratio as apposed  to rear  ::)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 11:05:56 pm »
Bill sounds like you don't want me to do it :(  you sound like my wife  ;D lol  I think you drive a towy for a living so whats the word on them why are they so bad in your eyes. jimson