Author Topic: Dirt Bike Insurance  (Read 2021 times)

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Dirt Bike Insurance
« on: November 09, 2008, 11:15:24 pm »
Does anyone know of any Australian insurance companies that insure our pride and joys from theft while stored in our garages or sheds?

lms6201

Re: Dirt Bike Insurance
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:32:49 am »
shannons does some kind of deal combined with house and contents i think  , but ask them , u might have to set up an annex on your policy , like i have with my contents ins. to cover my toy train collection , when i had the roady with them they were half anyone else ,s premiums  , and (sadly ,from experience) are good payers

STW996

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:01:18 am »
Shannons, do a bike insurance policy but it is per bike and will not do a group package (at least not when I asked them) the cost was about 100 bucks per bike.

Shane

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 09:39:28 am »

husky61

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 09:50:16 am »
Shannons

Call 13 46 46

Very helpful and do the job very well.

If the bikes are nice and you want full value.

Frame , engine numbers and photo's of each machine are required.

$41,500 of insurance for 5 off bikes was approx. $560.00 / year

211kawasaki

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 06:09:17 pm »
Go Shannons!

I have 8 of my bikes with them and they are great, once your in with the bikes check them for the car and house etc still very good value.

Remember that your laid up policy covers you on the way to and from a race , I wouldnt be without them.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 06:26:25 pm »
$28K of insurance cost me less than $30 per month with Shannons - only had to supply frame and engine numbers.  Bikes are covered 100% of the time they are not under their own power.  Just check your annual renewal when it comes through - the computer dropped my coverage rates significantly - it was all fixed when I called ;D

Love it

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »
Ditto i got some special units insured with them and the rest are just under a lock, moreso i wanted the cover for accidental damage or fire, but it all came and is covered with what the shannnon policy man said. and i though it was cheap i think its like a hunggy a bike to cover $8K  you tell them the value and they write it up against that when they work out the quote.  I got a chopper on there and thats cheap 2 but the sports bike are double, apparently its the word 'sport"

Get this the 1100 chopper is worth $12K and the missus GPX250 worth $4k the policy on the 1100 is half the App $400 cost to cover the little 250 - go figure. HE said it was classed as a sports bike and hence was a bigger risk.

Still i think they are about the only folks who you could trust to pay out if somthing went bad and they do a laid up cover which is hard to get, i cant think of a nomal company that would even cover a modern trailly, they state if it dont have a Rego plate they wont touch it, so your choices are prity thin. 
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 06:48:04 pm »
The trailer was found empty ,but contained the below  >:(

If anybody has any information or has seen anything please contact any of the following people – this goes for any offers of cheap motocross bikes and secondhand gear as well, that raises suspicion. Any offer too good to be true could be regarded as suspicious.
Please call
Dean Neilson (Owner of Insanity Trailer) 0439 924 083
Michael Bespalov (Mainmoto Imports) 0412 807 766
Wollongong Police 02 4226 7899

Stock inside;
Kawasaki Merchandise
Hats, Gloves, Lanyards
Shirts – Pitshirts, Jerseys
Jackets
Stubbie holders
Pit tents – Custom 3x6 Metre with Kawasaki signage
Suzuki Merchandise
Hats, Gloves, Lanyards
Shirts, Pitshirts
Jackets
Stubbie holders
Pit tents
Die cast motor bikes
Kawasaki
Suzuki
Yamaha
Honda

Aftermarket Parts from the following manufacturers:
Hammerhead Designs ( Billet Alloy Gear and Brake levers, casesavers, holeshot buttons, throttletubes, etc)
Tokyomods (performance engine parts, clutch springs etc)
Traktools (small tool kits)
Napalm Racing (Air Filter Bolts, Hour Meter Mounts)
Lightning Speed Products – (LSP Lap Timers)
Hardline Racing (engine Hour meter mounts)
751 Products (Mud scraper tools)
Motocloth Refreshers (refresher towels)
Splitstream (carburetor intake inserts)
Best is in the West !!

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 08:09:35 pm »
I ended up settling with Shannons, their Laid Up policy offers good value and peace of mind. One bike, agreed value plus as 211Kawasaki said to and from venues, $65 per year. Can't get much better than that. Great advise guys, it helps to throw it around and get differences of opinion.