Author Topic: Hi from Tokyo  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Hi from Tokyo
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:30:34 am »
Just new to the forum, I am based in Tokyo but Kiwi/Aussie originally.

I have a few bikes, mostly I like early 70s 250s, 73 MX250/TMGP(RH motor)/CR  75 KX250 74 Cheney JBR, Foxy CR250RZ, Foxy RM370, HL500, C&J XR500, Rickman B44.

Mostly I am into bikes with trick suspension and swingarms, Fox Forx, Simons etc...the crack cocaine of the VMX world.

best regards Marc
formerly Marc.com

Re: Hi from Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:02:42 am »
G'day Marc and welcome.  Are these bikes all with you in Japan or at home?  If in the land of the rising sun, how do you fit them in your shoebox they call flats over there?????   ;D ;D ;D

Have you checked out the thread on the Foto Forum about the VMX festival in Japan?  You know these dudes?  Your own collection sounds like my idea of heaven, but the collection in that thread is just amazing.  Talk about complete!  Talk about all in top nick!!  I'm sure if I was there, I wouldn't know which way to turn for eye candy.....prolly get all in a tizz I would....

YSS

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 09:18:16 am »
Hi Mark , where do you live and race in Japan ? I do have to go there sometimes to set up race bikes. (YSS)  Our distributer is Teisho Corporation , do you know them ?
Regards Walter

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:23:08 am »
 Hi Marc,
Rickman, Cheney .......yep  your welcome  :) nice style 8)
Enjoy
West Aussie
Best is in the West !!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 09:25:09 am »
Konichiwa,
Anatawa otobi korekushon genki desu !
Watoshino ga suki de aru race queen ;D

Cheers
Lozza
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 10:26:10 am »
Well Lozza my secretary got a giggle out of the Japanese.

I don't really have too much connection to the Japanese VMX guys... but also have C&J Harley monoshock dirt tracker so spend some time at the Sundance store.

Just trying to get a few projects 1/2 finished..... My GMC HL500 is almost finsihed, Fox Forx and Ohlins, I am trying to build one as good as Gary Benns bike, OW forks notwithstanding

But thanks for the warm welcome.

formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 08:24:52 pm »
Hi Mark , where do you live and race in Japan ? I do have to go there sometimes to set up race bikes. (YSS)  Our distributer is Teisho Corporation , do you know them ?
Regards Walter

hey Walter any time you are in town.....BTW Japanese companies tend to name themselves after the period of the Emperor, hence Taisho is pretty popular.Current period is Heisei.
formerly Marc.com

YSS

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 10:58:22 pm »
Hi Mark , the place we go is called Hyogo  and then they just take us to the track , But I can not read japanese , so I loose a bit of orientaton.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 11:24:07 pm »
If it is Hyogo prefecture then it is close to the Kawasaki factory and Osaka.

Just trying to load up my HL progress to date, dry build is done, motor is done, frame needs painting and then final bolt up.

Forgot I also have RM500D, DR400T and TT600. Got to love those open class Suzukis.
formerly Marc.com

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 09:07:09 am »
Too many "farm bikes" in that lot Marc. ;)
Cheers,
K

YSS

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 09:32:23 am »
Yes the airport is OSAKA.   So how far away from there are you based ?  We sell lots of shocks to Japan for small bikes KLX 110  , Moriwaki   and now more and more for Harleys as well . Just about to release the softtail shocks. Do you go to the road races ?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:45:28 am by YSS »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 04:27:24 pm »
Too many "farm bikes" in that lot Marc. ;)
Cheers,
K
yeah i bought my RM500 from this dodgy Aussie guy for the farm, he said it pulls like tractor, just welding the carrier on the back.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 04:30:20 pm »
 and now more and more for Harleys as well . Just about to release the softtail shocks. Do you go to the road races ?

Yep well the Harleys certainly need em... my Deuce has weird Bilsteins that i bought from Indian Motorcycles bankruptcy sale.

I don't get to do much in Japan except work. When I get a window of opportunity I spend it in the workshop.

formerly Marc.com

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 07:32:02 pm »

Forgot I also have RM500D, DR400T and TT600. Got to love those open class Suzukis.

You forgot?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 07:46:18 pm »

You forgot?
[/quote]

yeah the RM500 was serious omission. Just waiting for a cheap set of UDX60 forks to come up for it on ebay.  ::)

formerly Marc.com