Author Topic: PAN PACIFIC GAMES  (Read 5510 times)

Maico31

Re: PAN PACIFIC GAMES
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 03:37:14 pm »
Reedy has never been a good track for old bikes and old bodies but they continue to run the Masters there and get very average rider numbers. Maybe one day they'll smarten up and run it on a proper outdoor VMX and Veteran suitable track and have an event worth attending.

Offline tony c

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 08:49:56 pm »
you are right maico 31 but its still racing and under lights, reminds me of the days at archerfeild supercross, the first round of racing was not bad ,not happy I was'nt riding but then just like archerfield it pissed down rain for the rest of the night.Simmon was jumping the double even with his bultaco spluterring, the track actually looked ok and there were no cattle tracks or gullys to cross but plenty of creek crossings

Offline mitch

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 11:14:09 am »
having just ridden at reedy i am pleased to report that i came away from the meeting with a smile and no broken bones .The track was a lot of fun,every part of the track was definetely suitable for pre 75 ,except for the double jump which really really did not leave much room for error especially in the torrential rain .You really had to use your head when approaching that section ,twisting the throttle and shutting your eyes and holding on was not the best option.congratulations to the gold coast mx club for putting on such a great event. i really did feel sorry for   all the flaggies who stood out in the rain whilst the meeting was on.i am looking forward to the next masters games and i am sure with a few minor adjustment to the track to make the double a bit more vintage friendly and a stern chat with mother nature it would definately have all the right ingredient for a perfect vintage mx meeting.Anyone up for night vintage mx summer series under lights.OK i will stop dreaming.

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 06:41:56 pm »
Yes Mitch mud mud and more mud I loved it. Its the first time I have ever raced in a lightning thunder storm in torrential rain. For the second heat I lined up and the goggles were one misted mess so I handed them to the starter and said I'm not going to need these and sure enough I did'nt ..in front all the way yeeha ... I loved it and was fixing to do the double on the 3rd heat but that did'nt eventuate. When bikes cut out due to water on an mx track then you know its raining good. I remember coming round the sweeper and noticing a water fall on the side of the track and thought mmm this must be the scenic route. Hows the neck holding up Mitch, I recon you must have had 10kg worth of medals hanging off it.. :D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:17:15 pm by TonyB »
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Maico31

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 09:20:08 pm »
Were you guys on the pre '75 bikes clearing the table tops and doubles and did they remove the whoop section?

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 01:10:30 am »
the whoops looked to be tamed down from where i was looking and i only saw the one pre~75 bike do the double and it wasn't every lap but it was a Bultaco so hey, anythings possible i guess.
"flat bickie"

Offline mitch

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 01:35:42 pm »
The track in general was all suitable to pre75 riders .The whoops were toned down to suit the suspension challenged bikes ,however the only part of the track that was sketchy was the double jump which i chose to roll over.Call me crazy if u want but a coughing and spluttering bike and double jump  on a pre 75 bike would eventually spell disaster. I believe that this double would be suitable for approx 10% of pre 75 riders in non torrential rain conditions at best .A big thankyou to the gold coast mx club for allowing us to showcase our sport. It gave the general public an opportunity to see how their sport has evolved over the years to what it is now. The g.c .mx club would only really need to make a minor change to the double jump to make it more vintage friendly and suitable for all levels of riders for the next masters games .I dont believe that it would effect modern bike riders either because most of them clear it anyway.Would like to hear the opinion of others .cheers and happy trails 112

Offline bigtoe

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 08:44:23 pm »
Was there a presentation afterwards ? everyone seemed to be walking around asking what was going on, but no one seemed to know so a lot of  people left including me, not knowing what happened

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 07:17:43 am »
yep they handed out the medals from under the lean to by the tucker shop.
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '