Author Topic: Easter at Broadford  (Read 8665 times)

Offline Jasper

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Easter at Broadford
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 04:08:02 pm »
Closest airport to Broadford will be Tullamarine.
Broadford is about 1 hour north from the airport.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 05:07:54 pm »
I've been known to hug grown men on first meeting Mark. That's all you have to worry about! ;)
No worries Hilly. It's been a few years though so I hope you dont have a good rear guard on it!

Nice Pic there Rossco, i too used to dabble with that stunt man stuff like you.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PYiwhM23ycw
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 05:22:12 pm »
how much CRC you got Ross?

i need a lot as i am bloody rusty at that sort of stuff now. can still pull a long mono sitting down and anywhere in the bush on the KTM300 but the seat standing stuff is long gone. it a case of "don't use it and you lose it"

yes i am lucky that that old clip and many more from the super 8 era survived, i transfered them to VHS many years ago and 4 years ago put them on DVD. i have a heap of it but it is only of interestf you are in it.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 05:50:32 pm »
Gees me old sidecar is going to be among some real silk purse treasure, balance as it will be representing the sows ear side  of things. Cheers Tim (an special invite to Klub Kevlar actually makes me feel pretty good :)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 06:22:58 pm »
Hey Tim , we are sidecar mates aren't we   :-*
real friends and all  :D 
you know buddies  :-*
look after each other kind of thing  ;)
Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 06:56:36 pm »
Yes Alison you can take it out for a spin. Remember the gear change and rear brake pedal may be on different sides to the Norton ,it is super heavy ,braking is bloody bad for first two stops then gets badder, the susspension is well suss and the handling doesn't........... ;) Sorta normal stuff .
Of course a might have my 754 pre75 Speedway outfit there too and that does not have any brakes at all. rigid rear end 2 inches of front travel the sidecar wheel is uncovered, only turns right and can tip over on its side if you leave it alone....... ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:01:14 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 10:21:09 pm »
Tim 754

WOW sounds a wee bit different to the Norton.  :o  I reckon it would go in one end of the KK tent out the other, with me in control. :o
Good youtube footage though  ;D
Alison WA

Shes a beautiful outfit. :-* thanks for the photos. Love the paint work on the tank.
Hope to see it in person one day.
cheers Steven WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 10:33:06 pm »
Tim 754's
SHOW AND TELL
Best is in the West !!

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 08:34:23 am »
Hi all,
The response to Easter at Broadford is exactly what I was hoping. I usually lead with my jaw and got the usual hits out of the way, but most importantly it seems to have got you guys fired up. ("We are gonna have fun, fun, fun 'till her daddy takes the T-Bird away...") Fun is where this thing is at and getting the old iron out of the shed and exercised. Fun is monoing your old trail hack out of sight, getting your mate to 'swing' for you in his outfit, setting deadlines to finish projects, making rash predictions about future ones, loaning mates a ride, firming up social promises and just getting into the spirit of the thing.
Hell, this has been on the cards since before time! Well, actually David White was late in the office one night in 1993 when when a fax came through from Geoff Eldridge for an FIM licence to ride the Accerbis Nevada Rally in the USA. As their relationship had been a bit strained he faxed the info through to GE straight away to show he was on the ball and did put in the hours. DW followed it up and rang him. A surprised GE and DW had a good talk about common issues and one thing that David was trying to get up; a non-competitive fun event to get non racers of all disciplines out of the woodwork. GE was enthusiastic and said they would talk more once back from the US. The rest we know about.
David then talked to Ray Ryan and as they thought alike, Classic Dirt got off the ground. DW was hoping to include all facets of motorcycling but Ray was primarily interested in the dirt side so the all inclusive event got put on hold until now.
There you have it. Sorry I don't post as often as I should, but the day job (not this MA stuff) gets longer as does the daylight.
As for selling my soul (...sole? Walter, hope you didn't mean as...!), I have been a pain to MA but can recognise a good idea when I see it. VMX's Classic Dirt will never die, the two events enhance each other.
It will be good to relax and catch up with you all at HBBB at Easter,
Cheers,
Drakie.

gator

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 09:43:39 pm »
so who's going ??? ???

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 10:31:17 pm »
We have a shit load of money since I started work(been a mum for a while)
(TIOC= two incomes one child) ,
so if we get inane we could possibly fly on over from WA.  ;D
Never know what tomorrow brings  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 10:37:22 pm »
Yeah i will be there with my crew and as many bikes that i have going.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 10:44:54 pm »
No doubt we'll see you at CD6 as well Hilly?  ;)

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 10:49:04 pm »
I was talking to a singer the other day and he was trying to get me there also . Im deep in negotiations at present . Cant confirm just yet.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

squirtmoto

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 10:49:15 pm »
Nah looks like the first turn at the top of the hill at Broadey