Author Topic: Tm 400  (Read 1588 times)

Doc

Re: Tm 400
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:17:46 pm »
Stew, a month or so ago that would have looked so much more attractive. Think they're struggling to get decent money for anything in the US at present and the conversion rate says we here can all but forget it for now ::) I've gotta go out but I'll phone you tomorrow, still can't get that spacer off the output shaft to replace the bearing..I had lanoshite on it for months, heated it, tapping with various size knockometers and still it has not budged >:( I don't want to break it so what's your plan B?..is there a plan B??  (the spacer behind the front sprocket I mean) ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:19:43 pm by Doc »

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:26:17 am »
Is case bearing flush with case .    If so use a Stainless Steel 1 mm blade and cut it parralell cut along the spacer @ 3mm above output shaft .
The seal and bearing need to be replaced and will act like a buffer .

Plan    " B "   give it to me ......I will make up a puller       by drilling 2 hloes in the sides  ;)

Cheers

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 09:32:07 am »
...they're struggling to get decent money for anything in the US at present and the conversion rate says we here can all but forget it for now ::) ...

Hey Doc, it's even worse for the Kiwis.
I watched some Un Zud news last night and they're getting only 36 cents to the US dollar!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Doc

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 09:52:52 am »
be right back..the spacer just fell off in my hand ::) ;D

ok back..all's rosey Stew. I fitted the puller and gave it a little tap and it fell off  ??? for a second I thought the shaft had snapped or something terrible but persist and ye shall succeed even if by shear arse :D will keep you posted ;)

and Wombat 36cents eh..I guess unzudders will wipe the UK from their searches as well for the duration..couldn't afford to have a letter posted let alone a parcel! ::) 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:14:39 am by Doc »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 12:00:13 pm »
Fuffty Sux not Thirrtee Sux...
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Doc

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 03:26:34 pm »
fufty sux eh cuz!..wil thit meeks it pruddy much livil piggin' wid us :D