Author Topic: Hello..  (Read 1459 times)

Rossi

Hello..
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:36:24 pm »
Hi,My name is Ian..I just got interested in Vintage MXs after couple of blokes from work told me about history MX(I'm young).I already own a Suzuki RM 125 03 model but I bought an old chook chaser, 84 Honda XR 250 R for 1000 with rego.I kinda destroyed it (wreck the suspension on front and back and lost the rear guard) but I couldn't blow the motor up.So being bored and nothing to do,I thought I might have a crack at VMX with the XR and rebuild it, just something to keep me busy from the missus.

Couple of quick questions..
With racing the XR, I have the twin carb RVC engine.Is it eligible to race in the Pre 85 class?

Who is good at making Number plate Stickers for racing?

Is the injury risk of racing VMX is very high compare to other forms of Dirt racing?I just finish racing BMX, which was bad enough.

Thanks for letting me on your site.

Cheers Ian.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:55:30 pm by Rossi »

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: Hello..
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:46:22 pm »
Man that sounds like a hefty get off.Welcome aboard.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:48:49 pm »
Welcome Ian, the Mighty 1984 XR250RE, i have fond memories of racing that model in Enduro's, Desert races and Motocross (yes MX, but i got blown away most of the time)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:58:34 pm »
The XR is not much chop for VMX (as you will find out) but is a perfect weapon for vinduro and there are certaily plenty of new old stock and  aftermarket parts out there for them.

http://www.ballards.cc/
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Rossi

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:03:41 pm »
Yeah,I haven't raced MX at all,just a heap of trail riding and mucked around on a old trotting track at Abermain with couple of mates.So something slow will be not to bad to start on..I'm only out there for fun...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:05:21 pm by Rossi »

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Ban BLACK rims NOW