Author Topic: Some old photos I found (56k = death).  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Some old photos I found (56k = death).
« on: October 13, 2008, 05:32:33 pm »
Looking for the battery charger today, I unearthed some old riding pics. As always, it took me on a trip down memory lane, and I still haven't found the friggen charger...
As an experiment, I took digi photos of them, and that worked out sort of OK...

These were taken at the now defunct Bike Farm (Samurai Motopark/Blackbutt Gully) at Tomerong on the NSW South Coast.
I was 20 years old, living out of home and earning less than $15k/year... Havng an old bike wasn't a decision, it was the only option... The bike is my old DT250A, complete with dodgy paint job and a monoshock DT125 tank (not sure why that was a good idea, but it seemed like one at the time).

This is my mate Mikey. This photo is remarkable, because he's actually got both wheels off the ground, and isn't in the middle of crashing:

Mikey again, this time on his own bike. This is the YZ125C that I've been racing, before it spent five years leaning against another mate's shed (and obviously before I spent plenty of time and money on it...). As you can see, he could easily ride around the outside of Reed or Bubba any time he wants:

There are better photos from this day, but the prints got destroyed in a bathroom flood a few years ago. The negatives survived, but I can't find them now...  >:(

This is the Hodaka Wombat that the "mate with the the shed with the YZ125C leaning against it" and I went halvies in. I got burned in the bushfires at my dad's place, Christmas day 2001.

Here's a photo of the DT250, back when I first "finished" it. Aerosol cans and hard work all the way - yeah its crap, but with the benefit of hindsight, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the job, given that I had no money and no tools.

There will be more, but our upload speed is tragically slow, and its annoying me.

Oh, and my first ever rally car. This was taken at a state-round khanacross at South Nowra. I was quite hung-over that day, and forgot it was a state round (hence the road tyres), but scored my first ever driving trophy, which (predictably) is still pretty important to me:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/annaandnathan/PhotosOfPhotos002.jpg
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 05:52:17 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Re: Some old photos I found (56k = death).
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 06:09:04 pm »
COOL  8)  pics Nathan is that a fox tail hanging out the back of your helmet mate  ;D jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Tony T

Re: Some old photos I found (56k = death).
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:28:53 pm »
Nah, looks like a possum that leapt out of a tree as he went past..............  :D :D

Just jealous..................... I remember having hair...............  :D :D