Author Topic: ty175 wiring harness and road rego info needed  (Read 2786 times)

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
ty175 wiring harness and road rego info needed
« on: October 12, 2008, 09:13:50 am »
hey guys well im amost at the end of the resteration of my brothers 77 ty175..this modle is the complianced one as he intends to rego it...what i need to know is what did the ty175 rego mod come out the factory like? ie did it have indicators horn ect..does any one have a complete harness for lights indicators and such, i also would like to know what kinda switch block was on the clutch side if any ..i only have the throttle side which is just kill switch any onfo would be great thanks..

lms6201

Re: ty175 wiring harness and road rego info needed
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 07:03:04 pm »
it will have a comp plate ? it,ll need the lot , switch blocks would be the same as dt 175 c or even later dt,s except they are black instead of plain ally buffed and cleared  i think i,ve got the blinkers here but will need the chrome repainting or whatever  ,just make a harness up , are u gunna run a battery ?   u will need a rectifier and a regulator and a fuze 

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:23:20 pm »
My sister has an untouched original JC under her house that has all the standard gear on it - nothing for sale but I could take photos for reference if you want in about 4 weeks time next time I go there. Let me know if you want that done.
David
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:23:56 pm »
Is this the same?

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 10:00:55 pm »
Yes thats a TY175JC, the only model TY175 sold new in OZ with an ADR compliance plate. Prefix 1N4.

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 10:52:43 am »
yes thats the same as ours..i was intending on using dt175 switch blocksi also got a bunch of spare rz/rd blocks but they are a bit bulky and maybe modifying a dt harness as well, isnt the ty175 6v? and it runs on points yes..? is there any dts that had a similar set up? i got a dt manual so i can use that to build a harness if need be..

TYMTIT

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 02:10:35 pm »
I also am doing up a TY175JC for rego here in Brisvegas. I have an electrical schematic of a TY125 road registered version same as the TY175JC,  if needed let me know and I can email it to you. You will have to have a battery connected, horn and ignition key also for rego plus the high mounted speedo as the normal lower mounted speedo on the C/D models will not pass as I was told it was too low to see at speed. I am using the bendy DT175 late 70's blinker units and handlebar mounted units as well. The blinker relay had me confused as it is situated under the airbox instead of near the rectifier where there is a spare metal tab sticking out. I am using a DT175 switch block.
The only part that I am after is the Battery Box so if someone has a spare and wishes to sell it then I am interested.
Hopes this helps and if you need more info let me know.

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 07:54:07 pm »
The only part that I am after is the Battery Box so if someone has a spare and wishes to sell it then I am interested.
Hopes this helps and if you need more info let me know.

Have you seen what they have here?

http://www.francetrialclassic.com/uk/famille/11/4.html

TYMTIT

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 12:58:36 pm »
thanks for that feetupfun, I will find out about what they have to offer.