Author Topic: The innocent Man  (Read 4651 times)

husky61

The innocent Man
« on: October 11, 2008, 08:36:10 am »
Here's my story

Some of you will know me , some of you wont

Rob Shoemark , Engineer , Husqvarna Bike enthuesist and mountaineer

Some weeks ago in the early hours of the morning i was awoken by my wife telling me that there was a couple of intruders on our property.

Well it escalated from there.

One on the verandah and two at the side shed door trying to get access to the shed.

Well out i go to confront the situation and off they go , i got that close to one of the grubs i hear him breathing heavily as he was running , if it wasnt for my sore knee following a recent knee reconstruction he would have been dead meat.

Well , yesterday the plot heats up.

As it turns out they were not looking for my collection of bikes but my hydroponics crop. WTF. Turns out Shoey , yep me , yep you heard it here , Im a drug grower , Yeh right

Read what follows:

As my neighbour and i are keen gardeners(my neighbour is a landscape gardener) our gardens are always well fertilized with all types of exotic stuff.

Well it turns out that it smells exactley like the chemicals druggo's use in hydoponics set ups.

So , in another raid recently the cop's catch one off the turds that were at my place and he tells the cops that he has info on an inpending home invasion to rip off a hydro crop and if he tells will he get a deal.

So those grubs were coming back to get me a take my supposed hydro crop.

So he gets a deal and the Cops get a warrant to get Shoey (Sounds like a movie Hey , but this isnt a movie this is what actually happened to me)

Well

I get home yesterday and there's detectives a card in the door with nice little note please call.

So i get ready to go training and im just about to leave a i notice one of the Maico's in the shed as Im leaving , but the door should be closed i think and then i think  OH the doors are missing.

I go over and my garage door is gone , my security door is wrecked ,the locks are smashed the door is on the floor in the garage and my bikes are sitting there looking good.

My secutity worked because i was told by neighbours that they used a ram to gain access.

So i get on the phone to the detective and ask WTF happenend.

He tells me they had a warrant and they can do what they like. Well let me say nothing was going to save this dip shit cause he forked it up.

So we lawyer up and mention channel nine and hey presto , cheif of detectives , detective and team leader are here on my door step in 20mins flat offering all types of excuses to the innocent man. Yep 20 min.

On the way over i talk to them again , and we decide no lawyer , but let me tell you he was waiting to come .

They want to shake my hand for wrecking my shed and turning my life upside down and i tell them are you ##### kidding, so i invite them in and take them on a tour of a drug lords home (#### me) then we have this really great discussion on how they saved me , (are they forking joking i say). The guy that led the raid looked like he had his arse reamed by his mates and appeared to have two arse holes or just might be normal for these idiots. I told this dickhead Im suprised they give him a gun incase he shots himself in the Foot.
Because of the level of security the cops thought , yep we got a good one here , ther's a crop behind these doors for sure , so ther fizzing at the arseholes to get in

You know my neighbours kids are upset , because they like Shoey and Mrs Shoey , We have watched the kids and grand kids grow up and it really eats at me.

You know i sort of feel bad bad for disturbing ther peace of mind and i havent done anything

So we start talking (just me and the cops), improper execution of a warrant , damage to my property , negligence on leaving a substantial collection of vintage motorcycles unlocked , and compensation for repairs.

Well fork me , collateral damaged they say as 98% of raids are successful and they dont pay for repairs,
I say your forking kidding me arent you , what would channel nine say about this , comedy cappers i think.

They smash there way in and trash my shed , find nothing , "are we see a loft in the shed" the hydro stash must be up there , no guys just my mountaineering gear in a controlled secure store.############### these idiots

We may pay they say , after much discussion , in this case we will pay.

So i call my mate Pete , I call a carpenter , because by now i feel a little rattled.

Pete turns up for moral support thanks Pete (Champion as always) , the carpenter turns up to secure the shed thanks David.

Meanwhile my beautiful is oblivious to the situation as she in transit from NZ . I explain the situation to my wife and she crys. Breaks my heart , i tell you honestly breaks my heart , worse then the grubs that tried to rob me and the police wrecking our property.

We have today discussed the situation and have decided to frame the warrant and put on the wall with some of our more memorable photo's from our mountaineering expeditions just to remind ourselves how lucky we are, how careful you need to be and how quickly things can go pear shaped.

Well today , i go on holidays "the first time in twenty years or so where i wont be mountaineering", because my dud knee is not quite right yet and we didnt think it would be safe yet to return to mountaineering ,secure in the fact that Im not a drug lord , i was save by the cops(yeh right) but most importantly i have good friends and that if i ring will always look out for me.

I know this is not bikes , but it my story and its true and i want to  share it , so there it is

Signed the Innocent man

Shoey

(Sorry for any spelling errors)

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
Re: The innocent Man
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 08:49:11 am »
Shoey,
Have a great holiday, will be keeping a close eye on the place while you are away.
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 09:06:04 am »
And after all of that, Your'e NOT allowed to own a gun to protect yourself, so if you did get home invaded (Thank God You Didn't) those Pieces of shit could have realy forked you life right up!.
I just love how we are all being protected by the goverment and the cops.

Oh and if your like me, you could have several turd like ex-employees steal tens of thousands of dollars of stock from you, find it installed on equipment that belongs to people willing to say who supplied them with it, and the cops say to me, We have more important thing to do than chase petty theft!.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 09:16:48 am »
if some one breaks in to your home and you catch the prick  and hurt him bad in the  altercation that follows you can be charged for all sorta shit and have a law suit on your hands ,it sound stupid but that the way it is ,and think your self lucky they (they, officer dribble and gang ) didnt do a nite raid and shoot first and ask questions later  ,your dog useually gets it first 

Tony T

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 09:29:19 am »
After recent experience with the law system, nothing should surprise me. But that's scary, Rob.
Sounds like you've earned a break.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 09:50:27 am »
Rob's experience is very concerning and also made me very angry at the same time.

total blundering by the cops as well as cocky additude with regard to the damage.

Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 10:04:13 am »
Well that's a story!
Looks like it will work out for you, but shit... Like you say, you shouldn't have to go through that sort of crap for doing nothing wrong!

Sounds like the holiday will be at exactly the right time!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 10:18:46 am »
Husky 61
               On the 14-1-08  I found  the remants of a mobile Drug lab hidden on my property :o. In my street we have 3 coppers , so aprroached them and asked for advise( leave it as you found it and don't touch a thing ) and then placed a call will our local police station ( ploice beat ) and they would have someone around ASAP . 3 days latter the drug squad turns up and do there thing and proceed to take picture of my shed and belongings WTF going on here I ask I'm the one reporting the find not the producer  >:(
So ask wife to get neighbour from across the road to sort things out as my blood was about to boil and loose it .
In the eyes of the law you are innocent until proven guilty in this case I was guilty until proven innocent????
Next down to cop shop to fill out a statement and finger printed  :o

23-9-08  I get a phone call to say all charges are dropped and they have a possitve DNA sample from the wankers involved.

I have had legal advice on the matter , and it will cost a fortune to clear my name

In hind site what would of you done ????     take it to the dump- no  way  

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:21:16 am by oldfart »

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 10:29:41 am »
BAd luck with all that .her`s a quote from a copper mate of mine for when catch a lowlife on your property "when you catch them and administer justice make sure they are unconscous and drag them into the middle of the road and leave in front of someone elses place " we had an incident involving our car getting cleaned up by 2 stolen cars full of our non reflective brothers also under the age og 16 then ran my wife over the coppers response was she isn`t that badly hurt and you have insurance for your vehicle.the vermin was sent away for a holiday in cairns -sunny nth qld holiday country with the elders !! so really what chance do you have ( the car was a 1 owner xy 302 fairmont )

firko

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 10:37:44 am »
Rob Shoemark , Engineer , Husqvarna Bike enthuesist and mountaineer
and good bloke.
Jeez Rob, what a scary experience. I hope the trauma of such an event doesn't spoil yours and Dianes holiday.

A few years ago my  neighbour accross the street had a very similar experience. We watched the TRG or whatever they're called roll up in at least six vehicles at 6AM, batter his door down and stream into his house shouting and screaming, just like on the telly. Like your situation it too was a case of mistaken identity. They were at the right house number but in the wrong forking street!

Those of us who  know Shoey will tell you that he'd be the last person to be growing weed in his loft! He's just plain not that kind of bloke. He's an elite sportsman and successful businessman and is the antithesis of your drug dealing scumbag.
I'm glad the offer of television exposure convinced them to reimburse you for the damage. What a team of nongs.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 11:13:04 am »
Angry! I totally agree! Me I would still put it on TV current affairs enough is enough. Enjoy your holiday friend looks like there will be plenty of mates watching out for ya. ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 01:11:22 pm »
That makes me so angry too. I'm sorry to here it Rob as you are a true gentleman.
My recent run in with the law was by having my car for sale on the side of the road but not having a RWC in view. It is a $375 fine, how good is that. I wouldn't be surprised if a dangerous driving charge is as much. A speeding fine would be less. At least you all can sleep better at night knowing that a RWC bandit has been charged for his dirty deed. I reckon a current affair would love to here from you!
Have a great holiday Mate !
Cheers, Brad

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 06:53:43 pm »
Given the info the Cops had I s'pose the raid was justified in their opinion; and the Law says they can.
But that same Law should be amended to cover damages!
Cock ups can happen but I'm amazed there's no mechanism in place to ensure restitution for damage to the innocent party.

"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 08:07:17 pm »
Shoey the cops treat you like a number because thats what we all are in the governments eyes. Imagine if you were a single mum with young kids and know family support and know builder mates or solicitors  to help. its  a very bad way of policing I live on the south coast of N.S.W and if you need a cop you wont see one for hours but come long weekend and double demerit points and the cops are everywhere collecting money for the government.Enjoy your holiday.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 08:46:03 pm »
shoey i cant believe it what a bunch of dicks >:(
have a great holiday :D
things can only get better from here on ;)

got the tank thanks for that its perfect ;D ;D    rusty
follow me to first turn