Author Topic: Husaberg 2009  (Read 1671 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Husaberg 2009
« on: October 09, 2008, 05:32:43 pm »
This is not vintage but will probably be relevant or interesting to some anyway. I just got back from a 2 day ride for Husaberg dealers on the all new 2009 Husaberg FE450e enduro bikes. Well all the hype and reports are true. The bike handles impeccably and does not feel like a 450 four stroke to ride. The comparison to a two stroke is very close to the mark. The EFI provides instant throttle response and the bike pulls strongly with zero hiccups or flat spots and will pull you out of trouble at least one gear taller than you should be in. They turn and change direction effortlessly and at first it sought of catches you out with the ease of which it turns. There were a couple of 2009 KTM's on the ride and the initial feeling was that they were heavy and slow turning compared to the new 'Berg. This feeling dissapated once you rode the Kato's for a while, but back to back the Berg felt a much lighter, easier turning bike. The new engine design looks to be a definate winner. Our first fuel stop was at 115klm and the bikes took 4.5 litres, so 150klm plus will be a certainty from the 8.5 litre tank. The best thing I can say is that the bike is super easy to ride and does not wear the rider out, which means you can ride faster for longer! Of course I am biased being a Husaberg dealer, but for anyone with the slightest interest, get yourself a ride on one to feel the difference. This engine design looks to be the way of the future and is sure to be copied by other manufacturers. Look for a video of the ride and interviews with Rob Twyerould, Jeff leisk and some of the riders on Youtube soon. Most dealers have FE450e demo's now, with the first shipment of floor stock bikes due in November, the FE570e's are due in late January so get yourself to your nearest dealer for a look and to organise a ride. I have a big horsepower, highly modified FE550e which I absolutely love, but after riding the new one, it is now for sale. The 2009 'Berg is that good.
Cheers,
K

ted

Re: Husaberg 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 07:46:54 pm »
Yeah i saw one at Suttos last week......somehow i cant see a different configured motor installing too much confidence in the marque.....I hope i`m wrong as Chris is a mate...but then again he can always fall back to selling slow and heavy Katos

4.5 ltrs at 115 klms...the bike was running wasn`t it . When Husky introduced their EFI it actually used more fuel than before

Just my biased 08 EXC-R 530 opinion

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 03:59:22 pm »
When the funds allow.. i will be on one.
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:09:26 pm »
You should take your bike along and get off it onto a 2009 Husaberg, back to back. You WILL be blown away by the difference. I love Husbaergs but I no longer want to ride anything but the 2009 model. It's playing with my head at the moment, they are so different. You really have to ride one to appreciate it, and Ted, I wasn't bagging the KTM's, I was just relaying the observations made by the riders. The fuel thing may have been a bit off though, although there was a lot of cruisy transport sections and a moderate pace on the trails. I was told they only took 4.5-5 litres at the 115klm point, not my measurement. I have just come back from a training loop which is 77klms with a good mix of everything from super fast open fire trails to flowing 2nd & third gear single trail. We ride it at race pace and the bike took 6.5 litres of fuel. I miss the "niceties" on my 550, the floating 270mm front disc and the slipper clutch, but can ride the 2009 bike faster already. I played with the suspension but except for adding 1/2 turn of preload on the fork springs I ended up back at the standard settings. The induction noise from the downdraft throttle body right under your gnads is horn. Get a ride on one, even if you aren't thinking about buying one. Happy to accomodate if you're in the area, just give me a call.
Cheers,
K