Author Topic: Something else to do next year.  (Read 4111 times)

husky61

Re: Something else to do next year.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 03:07:04 pm »
Freakshow , they are fair observations and comments , but i feel no amount of coaxing will bring alot of riders back to the sport due the aging demographic as such.

Add to the above that alot of the older crew are no longer interested in racing and this explains the steady decline in participants over the last five years.

Personally i feel that the cost of a national licence represents good value , particularly if you do a number of meetings and really it doesnt take an awful lot of day licenses to reach the total.

As far a location of meetings particularly the nationals there are not that many options as there very few clubs interested in hosting the event.

As far as inconvenience and satisfaction go's , that's purely a personal state of mind and as they say you cant please everyone .

Finally , people who are motivated to do so , will travel , check out the crazy crew from WA , i saw them at Coffs in 2007 and again at Tassie in 2008. Both those trips are epic . There's a tight , organised group people you could learn alot from in terms of organisation and logistics. Not bad blokes either  :o :o :o

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 03:39:05 pm »
Hey Freaky,
I can hear what you are saying, but I don't think the organisers of these events went out of their way to have them all move north in the same year, it just worked out that way. It would be nice to have all these things equally spread around, but unfortunately there is no way easy to organise it. Each meeting probably had a very good reason for their decisions, it is just the way the planets aligned.

Next year they will probably all move again and who knows they might just be in your backyard.

And, for what it is worth, I wholeheartedly agree with Red Devil, that it is time that the guys from FNQ and NT had some events that were within 2 days drive of their homes. They have supported events 1000's of ks away for years. I for one am looking forward to meeting some of them. You gotta give a little, to get a little.

So start your planning now to avoid the rush.
Have a good one.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 05:59:06 pm »
I sympathise with those who have major distances to cover to compete.  I clocked up over 4,000km getting to CD5 & back from Nth Qld.  But what's new.  We did it in the old days, and if we want it bad enough, we'll do it now.  Locations have to be rotated, even to SA, otherwise the enthusiasm will die out.  That area used to be very strong in the old days, and will be again.  It's just up to the locals to work very hard on that.  Nth Qld has a very good group of VMX enthusiasts, and they're liable to turn up anywhere - invited or not!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 02:03:45 am »
yep travel ,travel and more travel -VMX travel   :P
Take care everyone and see you in 2011  8)
cheers vmx247 & crew
Best is in the West !!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 12:17:54 pm »
how many travel long distance to Broadford? Talking at CD to melbourne rider he said naf all from victoria travel to CD?
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 02:14:44 pm »
how many travel long distance to Broadford? Talking at CD to melbourne rider he said naf all from victoria travel to CD?

Roger H was asking about % attendance at CD7..At least Vic would have been in the top 5 states for attending.
Qld
NSW
Vic
NZ
ACT
Tas
SA
NT
WA  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!