Author Topic: Team oz at the MXDN  (Read 3018 times)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Team oz at the MXDN
« on: October 01, 2008, 05:10:30 pm »
I have a few pics that i cant load up, if someone can bump me a e mail i will mail em over.   Oh and you lost{so did team uk}

TM BILL

Re: Team oz at the MXDN
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 05:16:35 pm »
[email protected] Thanks Dave :)  my Daughter went to the event,  she rang me in the middle of the bloody night from Donnington just to rub it in  ::)

Maico31

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:27:38 pm »
Yeah we lost and Chad better lift his game if he thinks he's going to race with Stewart next season.. 12th and 8th is pretty ordinary.

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:40:22 am »
Chad will be alright.  He was on a new bike, any testing he's done on it is for SX (his bread & butter).  He's had a bit of time off, and all those MX guys were at the top of their game after a long season racing.

This won't bother him.  Good on him for going though.  Can't say he doesn't support his country.  His season starts this weekend....

STW996

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:31:44 pm »
Hey John you are being a bit tough on him Australia 6th in front of the boys form NZ 8th, we also beat Spain 7th Chad had a 12-8 result after not racing outdoor motocross for 12 months and Bubba had a 1-23 and team USA only got home because 5 of 6 places (results) count.

Considering our last few outings not a bad result.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:35:16 pm »
i might be a bit tough on the boys too but i was expecting a podium postion...
reed and metcalfe are both top three in the world in there respective classes....and burners not that far behind them.
but then again they were racing on a track that they havent seen  before.....
while all the rest of them...(the euros) race on it every year ..probably twice a year....
i really thought this year was going to be our year...i really thought we were going to beat our best result which was a 4th overall
in 1988 in france...that year bell,dacka and jeff leisk really did our country proud.....  :)

STW996

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 04:37:23 pm »
Hey Andrew this is motocross and not supercross which both Reed and Metcalfe are very good at, burner has been on fire in the outdoor in USA and Metcalfe was 12 in the overall rankings at MXDN so I still say a good result!!

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 05:15:41 pm »
Personaly  reed was a complete let down,  the last time i saw him was when he was racing in europe for kawasaki and after all those years in the USA i expected more.  Prehaps he was just having a bad day{for him}  The only 2 riders who stood out were Villy n Bubba .  The track was a one off man made never to be seen again pogocross track that is being flattened as we type. Great weekend though. 

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 05:34:27 pm »
hey dave ...you said in the youtube video on your kX500 that you were not going to another gusieppe promotted event again.... ;D
you dont like the supercross style motocross events he runs....well i have to tell you im the same...i love nothin but the natural terrain motocross tracks on the golf courses....... :)for stw996..... yes reed rides only supercross,but his last two years in the ama motocross nationals he was on the podium every week... and metty placed third this year.... :)

Maico31

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 06:45:23 pm »
I'm like Andrew, i was expecting a podium from the Aussies. Reed is a very good motocrosser finishing 2nd in the world when riding Kawasakis and Metcalfe was 3rd in the US outdoors this season and Burner is a very capable motocrosser with some great rides this year. New bike or not Reed has had plenty of time to ride it and get it sorted, after all those guys ride every day.

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 02:14:13 am »
hey dave ...you said in the youtube video on your kX500 that you were not going to another gusieppe promotted event again.... ;D
you dont like the supercross style motocross events he runs....well i have to tell you im the same...i love nothin but the natural terrain motocross tracks on the golf courses....... :)for stw996..... yes reed rides only supercross,but his last two years in the ama motocross nationals he was on the podium every week... and metty placed third this year.... :)

If its free i will go anywhere.   On www.mxtrax.co.uk there was a petition by Fraser  to revert the name from MXON to the old MXDN,  myself and the guy who organised the petition got into the press conference with guiseppi loungo and the head of the FIM wolfgang srb. As the confrence ended we got up and hijacked srb to hand him the petition,  his minders had other ideas but as i had a camera in my hand they had to be polite,  the petition was handed over with a shake of the hand  BUt the bastard camera never worked.  NO pics whatsoever.

STW996

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 06:10:56 am »
Boy's just keep in mind Reed'y has a very big new business venture about to start in Aussie and if he was a non-starter then the ticket sales would go down the tube? may shed some light on his lack luster performance ;)

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 07:46:36 am »
Boy's just keep in mind Reed'y has a very big new business venture about to start in Aussie and if he was a non-starter then the ticket sales would go down the tube? may shed some light on his lack luster performance ;)

Exactly right!!!!, Reedy has 5 million dollars invested in the new SX series, way too much to gamble on a race that less than .05% of the australian population would be aware of let alone give a rats arse about!, the supercross however is a very real exciting new series that could revolutionise SX in Australia, let alone create a career path for Reedy once he retires which won't be that long down the track. :'(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:38:36 pm by E74 »

Maico31

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 07:24:21 pm »
Where did you get $25 million from?? That's more than $3 million a round! I seriously don't think Chad is going to turn up to a race like the des nations and just ride around. Every race is important at his level, not just some of them.  In a post race interview he said he was embarrassed by his result.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 08:44:31 pm »
Sorry, that was a typo I did however mean to type 5 million, how do I know?, Here...http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,23814521-5010760,00.html

I still reckon the des nations is a token event.