Author Topic: speedway classic slider  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
speedway classic slider
« on: September 24, 2008, 10:58:21 pm »
any one got any leads on advice on a classic speedway solo ?   im thinking about messing about with a ride for gillman next season so i either need a frame to take a 2 stroke yam or a complete one with a 2 valve classic.

also does anyone in the know ( jimJ ?) know if a junior speedway is still a full size frame ? ? ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: speedway classic slider
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 11:11:38 pm »
After the 501 Maico thing back in the seventies Two strokes no no in solo speedway*,  Junior Speedway bikes are scaled down in size, Try the Speedway Sidecar Riders Association of Victoria site for for sale info and links.  www.ssrav.org.au      Watch out for Classic events at Gillman and Murray Bridge. 
* Buy or build a Two Stroke Classic Speedway sidecar....  Suzuki Wattle bottle or T500 mmmmm, Kawasaki triples Mmmmmmmm, Yamaha TZ700/750 MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:13:49 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:21:40 pm »
Or perhaps this very fast toy on ebay! It really is a superbly  brutal  machine .  item 270277681651   
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:42:20 pm »
nah i want a solo timbo not a sidey.

had a look at the junior on ebay which is why i asked/

the classic guys said they didnt care what was in it so long as it was a slider frame, and the 2 stroke sliders ran at the Dt nats together with the speedway valves so it made no differance there maybe its only a vic thing ?  i do some more home work with the old fella here as i will only ride in there twilight series if i get one anyway
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:44:09 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 11:46:16 pm »
freeky
do you want speedway or dirt track slider frame.
speedway all i have left from 4 bikes is a 1981 xt250 motor runs on methenol speedway dimond and h part of the forks.
dirt track i have a complete 1974 antig to suit a mx250/360a motor.dont know if its for sale though.it wont be cheep.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 12:04:41 am »
i dont have a clue jim, they just said slider and speedway, im assuming its anything ? i might have to get onto someone down there but its a speedway oval track so im assuming it needs to be a 2 vavle jawa style jobby or similar framed solo with a classic motor.   i know i cant run a DT frame down there but i have no idea what the differance is on a 2 stroker in a hagon frame vs the other speedway.  id prefer to get hold of a proper classic speedway 2 make things easy but they seem a bit scares from what im told, most are sitting in sheds ?

what do i need to find out ?

74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 12:48:32 pm »
Freaky I assumed from what you asked ,as that is how it reads!!!you were after a" Classic Speedway Solo," They have very strict rules no matter were you are in the world.. You Know like no brakes at all, weight limits ,seat size, mufflers, fuel,wheel sizes, no rear suspension, direct drive with clutch only, engine and carby configuration etc etc .
Dirt track "sliders" use what ever power plant and frame config you like.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:51:18 pm by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 01:53:45 pm »
Got ya tim, thats why im after where possible a  complete parked Jawa 2 valve thing, as im told that should already be correct to ride.

and yes i mean oval track, seems a few old chaps are doing  a series at gillman for classic speedways so im sure they would be ok with it so long as it looks right. I was also told they are doing an unofficial Classic national title there in a few week, so ill drop over and see if anyone is selling up, they arent paying the National fees to MA for the title so these guys are playing the way i like , just ride and we worry about rules and fees later :O)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:58:28 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 10:14:27 pm »
 Freaky From current SSRAV site Classies  .. Jon Lowe has advertised a few of his treasures for sale (Jawa 890 2 Valve, needs restoring but it’s all complete, $2,500.00;  contact Jon Lowe 0415 815 716).  in VIC. Cheers Tim
                                                   Voltaire.