Author Topic: Mikuni hex main jet thread !!!  (Read 979 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Mikuni hex main jet thread !!!
« on: May 24, 2023, 08:06:41 pm »
Hello Chaps, I was looking for a thread-tap to suit Mikuni hex main-jets, according to the Mikunioz website the thread is 5.3mm diameter by .9mm pitch, what tha! After a bit of searching I am not having any luck finding a tap, anyone got any ideas? Me not having a clue about anything imperial, would there be an imperial measurement that would come close?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Mikuni hex main jet thread !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 06:39:14 am »
Goliath taps will make you a tap.

If you are doing the male thread, you will need a die. Goliath may do those as well.

Goliath Threading Tools
goliathhardware.com.au
3 Kingston Park Court, Knoxfield Victoria 3180 ยท ~25.8 km
(03) 9387 4755
If you love it, lube it.

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 09:46:32 am »
I think the thread is a carry over from Mikuni being licensed copy of Amal. I have a set of #12 UNF 28TPI taps and die and it is very close, the diameter is 5.4mm and 28 TPI works out as .907mm pitch.
Funny a while back there was a Chinese site selling Mikuni jets in what looked to be common sizes but unfortunatley they had a 6mm thread and the jets sizes were mm and not flow rates. Maybe they fitted the Chinese Mikuni or was that Nikuni or whatever knock off they were peddling. I got some and used the #12unf die on them and they screw in ok and the sizes didn't matter for methanol as every time I drill a jet for meth I engrave the MM size on them. Without looking it up what they supplied as a 200 was 2.00mm and probably around a 450 mikuni.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 01:41:25 pm »
Awesome Chaps, thanks, always get good help here.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.