Author Topic: Honda Elsinore rear shocks.  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Gears

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Honda Elsinore rear shocks.
« on: October 16, 2021, 06:22:03 PM »
Gents,
I'd like to hear any recommendations for replacement /aftermarket rear shocks for a 1973/74 Honda CR250.
The bike isn't used for competition.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 08:08:07 PM by Gears »

Offline PeterC

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Elsinore rear shocks.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:34:38 AM »
I will open the "batting". Any period correct shocks in good condition from q reputable maker may be ok. We need an idea of budget. Current brands which may be suitable might be: - YSS from Walter, Betor (MX spec not trials) etc

Thumbs Up!

Offline Gears

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 11:59:58 AM »
I will open the "batting". Any period correct shocks in good condition from q reputable maker may be ok. We need an idea of budget. Current brands which may be suitable might be: - YSS from Walter, Betor (MX spec not trials) etc

Thanks for the reply Peter!....As far as budget goes let say around a $1000- ?....As far as brands and manufactures go, I'm way out of touch on what's available hence this thread.

Offline Nebo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 12:15:14 PM »

Cannot go wrong with a set of old Koni,s. Thats what was used in the day. Easy to rebuild if the shafts are ok .

Ikon have new replacement seal caps,springs etc. Or they can help you with the Koni replicar shocks they make.

Offline Gears

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 12:47:19 PM »

Cannot go wrong with a set of old Koni,s. Thats what was used in the day. Easy to rebuild if the shafts are ok .

Ikon have new replacement seal caps,springs etc. Or they can help you with the Koni replicar shocks they make.

Do Koni still make bike shocks?

Offline PeterC

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »
Koni no longer make motorcycle shocks. Ikon have bought them out and have their won range of shocks. Whichever shocks you choose the important thing is that suit you.

Thumbs Up!

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 06:15:25 PM »

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 04:01:01 PM »
I have been designing and making shocks since 1989  and done many CR 250 . The 3612 is a very hardy , fully rebuildable and two way adjustable twinshock .We always make them to suit your weight and if possible to your color scheme .All made in Australia with short lead times . Save money ,deal direct .https://hyperpro.com.au/store/shocks/3612-adjustable-emulsion-gas-twin-1-pair/  With the change out of your $1000 you may also get a set of forksprings or PD valves . We have it all in stock .
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 04:04:48 PM by Wasp »
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.