Author Topic: Any recommendations for machinery movers in Sydney?  (Read 1917 times)

Offline James P

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Any recommendations for machinery movers in Sydney?
« on: September 26, 2020, 02:51:24 PM »
In the near future, I need to move some workshop machinery (400kg lathe, 1000kg milling machine, pedestal drill, tool & cutter grinder, band saw, power hacksaw, hydraulic press and some sundry items) from one place in Sydney's inner west to another - a distance of about 10km as the crow flies.

With the smaller items, I would be reasonably confident just hiring a small to medium flatbed/dropside truck (equipped with a basic crane) myself and roping in a friend to help. However, mistakes due to my inexperience with transporting machinery may be costly where the larger items are concerned! I would therefore be glad to know whether anyone can offer any testimonials in favour of transport firms or individuals who are particularly experienced in moving this sort of machinery.

This should not be a big job for someone with the right gear and could likely be completed in three trips...or less if the truck is big enough. I'd prefer recommendations based on personal experience, but any leads may be useful.

Thanks & regards,
James

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Any recommendations for machinery movers in Sydney?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 05:43:11 PM »
The best known ones and they have all the gear is Johnston’s at Smithfield. A mate used them with no dramas but they were not cheap.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline James P

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Any recommendations for machinery movers in Sydney?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 02:39:48 PM »
The best known ones and they have all the gear is Johnston’s at Smithfield. A mate used them with no dramas but they were not cheap.

Thanks - I had that firm on the list already, but more positive reports will make the choice easier!

Regards,
James