Author Topic: Times must be tough.  (Read 1651 times)

basil44

Times must be tough.
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:11:40 pm »
Went to the Beaudesert swap meet  today,oldmate was there with two and a half Montesas,76 models and they looked alright to me.He wanted $1600.00 and couldnt get a sale.Shit a couple of months a go he would have got more than that for one.Maybe if Kevin Dud gives the pensioners the $30 that will fix the economy and we wont have all the Monty owners contemplating hurry-curry or filling the dumps up?I apologise to any Monty owners who may take affence,no pun intended but I wish you coud buy Yams and Zooks in that sort of condition for that sort of dough?Cheers Oh,nearly forgot,go the Blacks and the Worriers.

mx250

Re: Times must be tough.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:30:59 pm »
Went to the Beaudesert swap meet  today,oldmate was there with two and a half Montesas,76 models and they looked alright to me.He wanted $1600.00 and couldnt get a sale.
Sounds like a deal. Probably more a case of buyer and seller not meeting up.

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:38:13 pm »
Go the Blacks and the Warriers (worriers) I here you say, not another Kiwi complaining about how well life is in good old OZ?
Now that the Warriers beat Melbourne today, does that mean the Bronco's have to play Melbourne next week?? Oh shit, I think Brisbane are going to get one hell of a hail, lightning, thundering STORM raging down on them after they were beat today.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 07:54:30 am »
I still can't believe that the '81 Maico 490 from Canberra only sold for $4155 on ebay just recently . The Technoflex shocks , PVL ignition & 490 motor would have to have been worth that sort of money if they were  just sold as parts , I would have thought . I would have happily paid the $6000 buy it now price for that bike, if I didn't already own a 490 , as I thought it was a bargain at that . 

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 08:51:43 am »
i agree  i paid nearly 3000  for a engine for my franken bike and if work wasnt so quiet i would off bought that too it was touch and go there for a while and the worst bit it was sold too a wrecker
actually  490  engine. forks ,wheels and a few more bits  had my self worried there for a min
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:05:21 am by paul »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 10:23:47 am »
Did anyone post it was an impending bargin ?   no nothing abouot them but i like bargins and could keep em till someone does have the money.  Would be tragic if old bikes get busted up.

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 10:41:53 am »
Yeah Mark, that 4k 490 was a bargain for somebody. I was considering bidding but was away when it finished and missed out. A few months ago anyone would have paid twice that. It's a reflection of the tough economical period we're moving into right now. I'd hate to have paid $800 000 for a GTHO and expect to make a profit. They're worth about half that right now.
Thankfully, everything goes in cycles so it won't be too long before we're all rolling in money again. ;)

mx250

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 06:46:56 am »
Here's a contrast....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180288121248

Currently got a bid at $1500, reserve not met ::).

I rate that more than double it's value; not running, poor condition, bits missing, non-original bits ::). Makes those 2.5 at $1600 look like a bargain.