Author Topic: CASTELLA VINDURO (JUZ’ PLACE) SEPT 28TH  (Read 8935 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
CASTELLA VINDURO (JUZ’ PLACE) SEPT 28TH
« on: September 14, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »
It's nearly here again guys, and all sounds good.

This just in from Drakie......

CASTELLA VINDURO   (JUZ’ PLACE)   SEPT 28TH

To all old enduro motorcycle and trailbike enthusiasts; Steve Juzva (former Maico blitzkrieg kid in the late '70s & '80s) and I am organising the second event at Steve's property at Castella (Melway map 610 Q 11) for September 28th this year which will be a non competitive fun day. The track is on undulating paddock (great special test stuff) and temperate rain forest. The loop should be about 30 mins as Steve has added 5ks to it (of more open stuff) and you can do as many as you like. We will run pre '70, '75, '80 & '85 and send them off 3 per minute in that order, with 125s, 250s and open bikes within that year cutoff starting in that order. This year instead of just distributing prizes we are encouraging categories.
-Oldest rider and bike combo;
-Best period riding gear;
-Most original bike; Jap and Euro;
-Rarest bike;
-Longest distance travelled;
-Best MX to enduro conversion;
-Quietest bike;
-Working headlight, taillight, stoplight and horn;
-Most laps.

Overnight camping is possible for interstate entrants and other diehards and there are limited facilities available. No food will be on site until Sunday so heading off to the Toolangi Tavern is a sophisticated way to spend the night. Otherwise there is the Kinglake pub; although AFL grand final night will be interesting (although it wasn’t too mad last year). There’s a good sit down place in town too that serves a good pizza and pasta.
You are all getting too slack with your lights. I’ve turned a blind eye to this so far but make a decent effort to get them going. Remember, we are trying to promote and encourage enduro bikes. There are enough events for MX bikes around and we want to be different. SOME ARE JUST TOO NOISEY!!! Shut them up! Sorry, no juniors too.
I promise we WILL get your return entry with your riding # and a map to you as soon as we receive your entry. We won’t wait this year until they’re all in.
Entry forms from www.classicscramble.org.au
Send them off to Steve Juzva, 60 Campbells Creek Rd, Castella 3777 or bring ‘em on the day already filled out with the cash.
Ring me on 0422299003 for any info.
Peter Drakeford.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Mick

Re: CASTELLA VINDURO (JUZ’ PLACE) SEPT 28TH
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »
Its been over 20 years since i was in any kind of a riding event, i wont be on my ideal ride, but i will be there having fun anyway and with the misses riding to, we are going to camp for the night and thought we would bring the gen and TV along to watch the Grand Final for those that wont to watch it, as we will be getting there around lunch time Saturday, see you in 2 weeks time.

Cheers Mick & Sue
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:55:44 PM by Mick »

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:37:26 PM »
So all you Viper boys with next round moved to october who's goin to the Vinduro , I just Checked with Drakie you only need lights fitted ,aftermarket headlight & taillight  are ok  i taped a miners light on my back gaurd last time and nice and quiet . So c'mon rossco,Gator & Paul just what you have been lookin for Rossco a nice social ride i can just see the 414 with the VF lights on it ???. Com on you blokes are you goin Facthunt .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
Facthunt told me he enjoyed punting the 250G around the last one, so I reckon he would be a starter  ;)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 03:42:14 PM »
Yeah it was a good weekend ,I spent too much time changing wheels coz i didnt have good rubber on the IT200 it will have new hoops for this event .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »
mmmmmmmmm    hillt the only one  i could take has a down pipe, do the lights have to work 

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 04:20:03 PM »
Nah just have too look good perfect ride for you come on it will be fun a down pipe will be ok (i hope) . Print off the entry form so you dont have to fart around on the day and entry on the day is ok .
Viper #436

Offline facthunt

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »
See you there Hilly. Got an IT this time.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 06:39:38 PM »
Wow just got back from the Castella vinduro ,perfect days riding ,the track was great ,challenging but great fun i had a good ride on the IT200 it was spot on for this terrain , a heap of good people and all types of bikes a big thanks to everyone involved in running the day  i'm lookin forward to GMC's photo's .thanks Drakie,Steve and all the Crew
Viper #436

Tony T

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
I'm sorry I missed it. I almost got my shit together to get over there.
Very keen to see GMC's photos too. But of course he has to scan everything first.................  :P
Unless you've dragged yourself into the digital age, Geoff???  ;D

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »
Great event and damn good fun. I managed 8 laps in total (the most by anyone) and had a ball. I was thinking about ten on lap 7, but was stuffed at the end of lap 8, and called it a day. Lot's of riders on lots of different bikes, fantastic track wih enough challenges to suit everyone. Looking forward to a 4 round series next year.
Cheers,
K

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 08:38:29 AM »
Nah, still haven't crawled into the digital age yet, & I couldn't be bothered with my old Pentax this time so I went armed with the video camera. Took 75min worth but it needs to be trimmed down a bit (chop out all the sky & feet shots ;D), should have around 40min of good film I reckon. My wife Kay does the editing & when she's through with it I will probably have a DVD available.
Got home last night to find out wer'e grandparents, but all did not go well so the editing might be on the backburner for a couple of weeks.

Thought BigK must have done a few laps as evertime I looked around he was coming through again. The later half of the day got a bit boring waiting for guys to come around as I think a lot of guys called it quits after a couple of laps to go bench racing instead.
Not sure who was who out their & I forgot to grab riders names & numbers before I left, can anyone arm me with this info?
I rode a little of the track on a DT100 looking for vantage points & it looked really good, disappointed with myself that I haven't got my KDX up & running :'(

Tony T

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 09:03:40 AM »
Congratulations Grandpa!  ;D
Hope all works out well.
And quickly, so we can get a look at that video...........  ;)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 09:12:06 AM »
I thought I saw you take a bit of a spill at one stage Geoff, no injuries like that time at Barabool I hope.
Cheers,
K

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 09:22:35 AM »
I thought I saw you take a bit of a spill at one stage Geoff, no injuries like that time at Barabool I hope.
Cheers,
K

Fortunately I survived this one unscathed, stepped sideways as you went by, a log rolled under my foot & down I went, thought I might have something good for the bloopers scenes but it just ended up more footage of the sky & ground ;D

Pit crews & photographers have much riskier lives than racers ;D