Author Topic: ebay scammer  (Read 5478 times)

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
ebay scammer
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:07:24 pm »
After 60 transactions on Ebay,55 of them purchases,I have just been "ripped off" for the first time to the sum of $400 for bike parts from the USA that were not sent by the seller. This individual  appears to have "closed shop",as he is not responding or selling items,and the negative feedbacks are piling up.  Anyway I have started with the paypal dispute procedure and was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and how long did it take untill the matter was resolved ???

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: ebay scammer
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 02:19:57 pm »
best of luck with paypal.  I had a dispute with a seller in the States - he didn't send the item either.  I tried to lodge a dispute with paypal and they said I had to wait further because International postage etc was slower.  I did what they said, it still didn't turn up so tried to lodge a dispute claim again and this time they told me my "window of claim" had passed and it was now too late to attempt to get my money back - Good on ya Paypal!

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:54:45 pm »
please share their name so we dont get ripped too
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Oldrodder

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 06:20:35 pm »
I have had a claim previously, but you don't get 100% of your money back but you get most of it.

I am currently having trouble with one individual that when I questioned his postage with added "HANDLING" fee and decided to change it and have it sent to somone in the U.S.A instead for his set postage in the U.S.A he refuses to change the postage price and has lodge a non payment dispute, I will keep you posted on this one.

Ross you should have lodge yours when you thought, after all you can always withdraw it if the item turns up.

Please list his ebay name we all know who to avoid.

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:23:42 pm »
This dude sells under the name "cycleclinicofaustin", you have to read the" feedback "to believe it. This has all happened in the last week.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 07:57:17 pm »
Maybe he died or something  :o :o  Things like that happen in people's lives (or deaths).  I know people have got cranky with me when I have not answered 'cause I have had other things going on.
As an aside I had a bad experience with "The Plater's Bible".  Got all my money back through PayPal.  Avoid at all costs - I suspect something bad has happened there.
There was a sticky for Ebay scams, but it seems to have been lost
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 08:49:52 pm »
lyle
do you have a address for this guy as i have a mate who lives in spicewood just out of austin tx.my cr250 came from there.he might check it out for you.allow 3/4 weeks for air mail from texas
cheers
jim

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 11:58:31 am »
I don,t have an address for this person,and it,s quite possible that something has happened to him.The money was paid to an Eric wasson, thats all I know. It would be good to find out what has happened to the bloke, wether he is ill or deceased, as i couldn,t imagine someone throwing it all in after 1600 transactions without good reason.Hopefully ebay will resolve the issue.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 12:49:57 pm »
lyle
ebay will have his address was it not on one of the invoices he sent you.for payment
also try emailing some of the other ebayers that got goods from him in the middle of all the - feedback
cheers

oldfart

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 04:47:01 pm »
As soon as you lodge YOUR dispute ebay will forward on his contact details . This is part of the process they go thru . Next they will be in contact with YOU asking to fill out a form , so on and so forth
Just keep responding to there requests  :)

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 01:29:08 pm »
Lyle,
       I know that this does not help you, but I have bought quite a few items from Eric over the years and have never had a problem with his parts or service.Mine is the feedback above yours (Frontera tranny),and I recieved my parts early this week which is probably a bit longer than it normally takes.(I am in Newcastle)
         As others have suggested maybe something has happened in his life which has changed his normally good service. He sure has upset some people though when you read the feedback. Good luck.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 02:28:58 pm »
I purchased a Husky 390 top end , seat & other items from CycleclinicofAustin earlier this year & found Eric to be a good guy to deal with . He discounted the shipping cost to a fair bit below the actual cost & threw in some other items for free , just because I had a sizeable order . He did take some time to respond to my emails , but I expected that , as he stated in the item descriptions that he was travelling to Laos for a few weeks .  I got the impression that he travelled overseas a bit , as he seemed more knowledgable about other countries than your average American .   

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 10:00:29 am »
I  had a similar problem with an item not sent. Following polite enquiries regarding the time it was taking to ship the item and the sellers  assurances all was well, the seller became uncommunicative . Ebays helpful tip to wait awhile also put me outside the dispute window. I sent another email to the seller allowing a week before the matter would be taken further with no response. The next email sent pointed out that while I wasn't likely to visit him his local police would find him quite accessible and were willing to help as they are not interested in tolerating theft/fraud. I advised him that while ebay wouldn't help with the dispute they were more than happy to provide all transaction details to the local authorities. Surprise surprise...I received an apologetic, full of excuses email with a shipping number for the swingarm which finally arrived in as described condition.
  Generally my ebay experiences have been good, although a local who sold me a tank cap 'in good usaeble condition' but neglected to supply all the innards of the cap to allow it to lock to the tank seemed to  have a different idea of 'useable' to the rest of humanity. No joy with that prick I'm afraid...........
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 08:29:20 pm »
 I have also had the same experience as you Can am,and used the same method to get service. Told him a relative of mine, in his town, was going down to his local police station tommorrow to file a fraud claim on him.
  Instant reply, instant apology,instant refund. Nothing like a bit of bluff.

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 02:31:19 pm »
Something must have happened to this dude.  The neg feedbacks are now up to 20 in 2  weeks and still rising. I have escalated my matter to a claim with Paypal, they don,t make it easy for you , and you have to look long and hard at the small print stuck in the bottom corner which should be in a large bold script, but no ,I guess they don,t want to many people with claims on their hands....   I just had one individual (seller)  from the USA ,who after sending me a message stating $20 postage for both items(which was the postage price stamped on the package) decided he was going to keep the $45 excess. I had to pay $32.50 postage per item on the account. He ignored 4 of my messages asking for the refund  ,untill I hit him with 2 neg feedbacks ,...then the messages came fast and furious, which I deleted as quick as they came, untill I noticed a refund of $45 in my paypal account. Rather nice of him thought I.   He apolagised and asked me to "please retract the neg feedback,"  alas it can,t be done ,  only a follow up comment to say that the situation has been resolved was the best I could do for this sorry individual.