Author Topic: Facebook or Ozvmx Forum?  (Read 10180 times)

Offline Glen08

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook or Ozvmx Forum?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 10:02:07 AM »
It boils down to control..! Facebook is fine and works well with people you have a history with...The problem starts when another person responds and you take it personal..It's really quiet simple...If you dont have a history with ol mate then it's not a personal affair. Move on Leon.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
Straight to the forum for imformation or serious questions and answers. If only it was easier to post pictures on here.
I have better luck buying and selling on facebook though. You just have to ignore the dum dums.

Yeah at least here there is not questions on how to turn a 4 stroke into a 2 stroke and endless  amount of questions on 'how much gear box oil does my bike hold' and 'where can i get chain for my bike'
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »
I think FB has its good sides to stay in contact with friends and family. If I don’t like someone’s lunch, I can scroll past it LOL. Put on there whatever you like, your “friends “will work you out soon … All my 4 kids are in uniform and they have strict (and I mean very strict) guidelines how to use FB. I learned a lot from them .As you know FB will reveal present and past locations, associates, habits and preferences…..But just using it as a platform of sending PM or messages to family and friends, it is has its place.  So when you put up your “show and tell “, it will disappear in no time and gone under amongst with the other rubbish. That can be good or bad. LOL.
Contrary to the forum, where things are there to stay more likely and are easier to search. Yes there where some odd times on here …  But Graeme and more so Ken have weeded a bit , some went for  help and are now on medication. Some left for good and are annoying someone else on www.
About the pictures: yes sometimes they are good source for mods or repairs. Show and tell about the new graphics that have just arrived in the mail for the plastic tank, hmmm well, if you must. Paying a fee to the moderator for extra space is one option. If you must show your toy so badly, why not pay the correct fee to photo bucket individually and then you can upload till your heart is content (or you reached your limit LOL). But remember, anything on cloud is hackable and traceable by third parties. I remember the fight we had on here, when Obelix snooped on one of the famous trolls account and then used the info on the forum publicly …..
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

Offline PeterC

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 07:12:19 PM »
From my perspective, I find Facebook very clunky and totally unsuited to a "Forum" I always expected a "forum"  to be a way of distributing information to it's members and maintaining a "permanent" and correct database of valued information pertaining to specified makes models etc.

Whereas Facebook is more about "look at me" look at what i am doing this minute, and i don't wish to have any privacy. Facebook and similar social media and "free cloud storage" do not provide any privacy or any responsibility.

Many many years ago, software (operating systems and applications shipped out of the box with all the security ""turned on") nowadays the default seem to be No privacy.

I rest my case. Free is full of "Warnings"
Thumbs Up!

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2018, 08:18:55 PM »
The forum is here to stay boys. I have no plans to do anything but keep it going. No need for ads to fund it. I'm using proceeds from the OzVMX Resto Expo to cover the forum running costs. I'll see what I can find out about posting images. I have tried Imgur after asking Dennis what he is using and it works great. Thanks for hanging around
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:21:47 PM by Kenneth S (222) »
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 08:37:38 PM »
To to add a bit more about Posting Photo..

Do a Snip it ..what is Snip It it too is a Free Program that takes a Photo of your Photo and Make the Size of the Photo smaller ..

Now smaller in Computer Size ...so it doesn't take a lot of Space and Loads Fast ...Photos Still Looks Good

Now I hape a Computer Bloke Mite make this Clearer for you ...

I am Just learning It ...
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 08:43:52 PM »
The forum is here to stay boys. I have no plans to do anything but keep it going. No need for ads to fund it. I'm using proceeds from the OzVMX Resto Expo to cover the forum running costs. I'll see what I can find out about posting images. I have tried Imgur after asking Dennis what he is using and it works great. Thanks for hanging around

Thanks Mate, never realized the Expo was helping fund this place, l will make an effort to get to the next one. Regards, John.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 10:02:30 PM »
informatiom=forum    classifieds=facebook

Offline djr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 03:46:55 AM »
informatiom=forum    classifieds=facebook
True, but more like - Information=Forum  , Classifieds from idiots selling junk = Facebook

I have seen people trying to sell - Worn Out tyres, Worn Out chains , and the best was someone trying to sell a cracked Crash Helmet

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 10:52:11 AM »
The answer is both.

Facebook is when you want to also look at other things.

I do find the OzVMX FB page a bit difficult because adds for things bikes etc take over.  If there could be a separate link for the For Sale section it would be better.

Also love it or hate it people checked the forum out more when there was a bit of controversy.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Glen08

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
Personally I see the forum is more adult/mature based...saying that FB is changing & change usually brings maturity...some FB dedicated bike pages are fantastic...yes it would be nice to have files on these FB pages where you could fiter towards old posts & knowledge...Time will tell I guess..The other thing with FB is its convenience.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »
Lots of great help and some great people on here too,,
Seems like some of the good contributors from the past are sadly gone, though one upside is
so have some of the dickheads ;D

Its amazing how many times I google a bike question and in results it shows debates, discussion and answers of this forum.
Thanks for keeping it alive Kenneth,,
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Glen08

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »
Damn it...I reached for the "like" button to get my morning dopamine hit...:-(

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 09:14:26 AM »
I'm starting to pop back again from time to time, seems more settled now. Shame posting photos is still an issue
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina