Author Topic: Any RM Plastic Tanks Fit TS250X?  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Timbo67

• Novice
    • View Profile
Any RM Plastic Tanks Fit TS250X?
« on: March 21, 2018, 04:40:42 PM »
Hi All,

Anyone ever fitted an RM plastic tank to a TS250x??

Cheers
 Tim

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Any RM Plastic Tanks Fit TS250X?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 03:16:52 PM »
Probably only option is RM250 tank somewhere around 82-85. They look very similar. Expect less fuel capacity. Expect to need RM shrouds and doing some fab work/adapting to get it all to fit/work. I have seen large capacity IMS tanks for 84/85 RM 250 but they would be pretty rare and hard to find.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:32:20 PM by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 05:18:44 PM »
can i ask why??

Offline Timbo67

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
Sure,

Just dont like the idea of a steel tank, rather a plastic one

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 08:12:59 AM »
the tank doesn't seem to be an issue with the Tsx, it suits the bikes intended use as a mild trail/road bike.
more secure and unless rusty, wont split like an old 80s plastic tank and leave you stranded or bbqued.
Suzuki were good at making bikes for the masses predominantly (sales focus) with an occasional reminder that they could make a good race bike. the TS was a good shot at a trail bike that looked like a race bike. its anything but a race bike. the suspension is soft (wallows around) the power is broad and easy but not that strong, the geometry is all trail bike, slow steering and the gear ratios are set for the road. i bought one years ago thinking it would be a great trail bike with road capabilities after racing a husky and i was sorely disappointed. i sold it before i busted it trying to keep up with mates on pe's kato's etc. Mine was a Boltons special with alloy muffler and bash plate, re-oiled and gassed shock, uprated fork springs and a few other details but the best feature was the bash plate which got a hiding as the suspension spent most of the time fully compressed. the bike wasnt able to handle the speed i rode at (it wasnt that fast) and the most annoying thing was sticks would always hit your shins instead of flicking under the pegs. i could never work out why. (apologies for the late reply, ive been away)

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »
the tank doesn't seem to be an issue with the Tsx, it suits the bikes intended use as a mild trail/road bike.
more secure and unless rusty, wont split like an old 80s plastic tank and leave you stranded or bbqued.
Suzuki were good at making bikes for the masses predominantly (sales focus) with an occasional reminder that they could make a good race bike. the TS was a good shot at a trail bike that looked like a race bike. its anything but a race bike. the suspension is soft (wallows around) the power is broad and easy but not that strong, the geometry is all trail bike, slow steering and the gear ratios are set for the road. i bought one years ago thinking it would be a great trail bike with road capabilities after racing a husky and i was sorely disappointed. i sold it before i busted it trying to keep up with mates on pe's kato's etc. Mine was a Boltons special with alloy muffler and bash plate, re-oiled and gassed shock, uprated fork springs and a few other details but the best feature was the bash plate which got a hiding as the suspension spent most of the time fully compressed. the bike wasnt able to handle the speed i rode at (it wasnt that fast) and the most annoying thing was sticks would always hit your shins instead of flicking under the pegs. i could never work out why. (apologies for the late reply, ive been away)
No reserve on an RM tank either.
If you love it, lube it.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 03:21:48 PM »
fallen for that on my current husky, had to fit a cr tap to the wr tank, bupbow...caught once....