Author Topic: Rickman Metisse - Steve McQueen Replica  (Read 1501 times)

MX125B

Rickman Metisse - Steve McQueen Replica
« on: September 01, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »
Don't know if this has been up already, but isn't that the sweetest ride ever?

Click onto link   http://www.metisse-motorcycles.com/stevemcqueen.htm

( hope link works) I'm new at this

Cheers

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rickman Metisse - Steve McQueen Replica
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:34:47 pm »
what a beauty!! wally
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:00:16 am »
Hi MX125B,
Looks good.

But a limited edition of 300, at the premium price of £12,000, they gotta be kidding. That will take Rickman about 20 years to sell that many.

A limited edition should be just that, maybe 10 or 12.  300 sounds like something Channel Nine would push during the cricket coverage. I wish them luck, but if they sell more than 10 I would be really surprised.

But if it was the original………?????
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:16:22 pm »
The funny thing is that McQueen only rode Metisses for a very short time. He rode a Triumph Metisse in '66 but mainly rode stock framed Triumph sleds in desert and the ISDE before moving over to 2 stroke Huskys after meeting Malcolm Smith in the late sixties.

I've gotta agree with VMX42 over the "limited edition" of 300! The total Metisse kit market world wide is about 50 bikes per year so you'd be waiting a long time for #300 Steve McQueen Special to come along. This is a sadly misguided attempt by the poms to cash in on the American and Japanese love of the "limited edition" and McQueens macho man image. I love Rickman Metisses but $26000 au is a shitload of money. I could build two for that and have enough left over for a trip to the Bahamas and a bottle of Grange Hermitage.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:36:10 pm by firko »

MX125B

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 04:59:36 pm »
Yeah, some good observations  guys, good photo of McQueen , how's his riding position, very supercross style , and no helmet! Crikey,