Author Topic: F81M gear set question  (Read 5799 times)

firko

Re: F81M gear set question
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 01:07:57 pm »
I missed out on the pipe...got gazumped at the end as usual. The funny thing is that my American mate McCook who was here a fortnight ago is the culprit who beat me to it. This is the problem with the newish eBay system where the bidders identity is not shown. I've since spoken to him and we are working on a deal on the pipe.

Doc

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 11:01:27 pm »
yup, it annoys me no end that I may be bidding against someone I know so I stay well away from the mainstream/popular auctions and concentrate on the more obscure or buy it now store items. I also got sick of seeing the same names cleaning the good bits all the time so I don't waste my time anymore ;)
I had a day at home today since it was decidedly wet, playing around and one thing lead to another and hmmm..I think this'll do till I find/make something more suitable ;D I dunno if it'll actually work. Lozza unwittingly supplied the foundations (thanks Loz) but it's definately the look I want regardless 8)

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 09:59:02 am »
Pipe looks good Doc. Just need a smaller tank.

Doc

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 11:53:12 am »
yeah I'm onto the smaller KE175 tank Kawbay thanks. Only thing is I want to retain the ducktail so the seat has to stay also. No complaints with the seat but the smaller 175 hopefully isn't much shorter or I'm in the poo. I had a '76 TS100A tank sitting on it the other day and if the kawa tank won't work I'm positive the TS tank would and it's the nicer RM shaped one that really tapers back to nothing at the seat and made the whole bike feel narrower. Only issue was I'd need to trim a head fin to give some breathing space around the fuel tap which on the F11 normally resides on the right due to the exhaust. A downpipe means I can go either side. Anyway I'll just have to wait and see, that pipe I highly doubt will work but it's a damn fine template for another of the correct dimensions :) 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:59:55 am by Doc »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 02:02:40 pm »
The G5 100cc trail  models (Later sold as the KE100) had ducktails so check out their tanks too Doc.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Doc

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 07:07:53 am »
yeah they did too! good thinking Tim, I'll sniff around if the 175 tanks a no go. Might save me fabricating front mounts if I can use a kwak tank  ;)