Author Topic: Double The Dirt II  (Read 6754 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Double The Dirt II
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 06:48:38 pm »
He's going to be bloody cranky if he doesn't  :o :o  Pretty sure he is going to be anyway  ::)
Hope the beach wether is good down there.  He's going to get a bonus week-end on the sand watching waves.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Maico31

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 08:40:05 pm »
Probably cancelled cos brad didn't enter... they were expecting the extra 10 bikes on the track

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 08:55:30 pm »
Some of the field from last years Double the Dirt:
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

squirtmoto

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 11:34:27 pm »
Yeh, between Sirbradalot and Holeshot they would have made up 50% of the fields ::)

firko

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 11:50:38 pm »
This is a shame but I'm not surprised. For a big meeting like this to succeed it needs to be anounced 12 months in advance and drummed up at various times leading up to the event. I spoke to Lance Winley from the Brisbane club in August and he told me that the club wanted to get the old Condo Greybeards meeting format up and running again and I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately the club didn't give the vintage punters enough lead in time. Two months wasn't enough. The Condo event was drummed up for months and the 200 plus entries every year proved that both the hype and the meeting concept had got through to them. Back then though we had the Vintage MX Nats, Vintage DT Nats and Condo as the big three but now, assuming that this event is on next October, we have the Honda Bonanza, CD6, and both VMX and VDT Nats. That adds up to five big meetings that involve travel. Somethings gotta give, especially in the current economical climate.
If any club is planning any big meeting, they need to give as long a time as possible so potential entrants can work out their finances and travel committments.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 01:55:51 am »
Last years Dbl Dirt was held in July. This years was planned for Jul or Aug but it got postponed for some reason.
A real shame coz DT one day and MX the next is a great concept. 
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 02:40:03 am »
i believe the earlier date was caned due to repair work on the flat track which was out of the BMCC's control. the MX went ahead as scheduled on that weekend. perhaps the date changes didn't do the punters well.
on a different note, looking at Wombats pics,
hey look! it's Brad behind a Yamaha!  ;D
"flat bickie"

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 11:25:30 am »
Yep, that is disappointing alright. But on the positive side I get a bit more holiday at the beach and I am picking up a bike in Brizzo on the way home. So not a write-off, although a bit annoying that I will miss the HEAVEN round this weekend, which I decided to give up for the DtD event... Oh well...

STW996

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 09:25:34 am »
Bad luck on the ride Graeme, but on the bright side another bike?? what type mate?

Doc

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 02:24:39 pm »
yes Graeme, what bike?  :) you have us all (me at least) wondering what you're up to :D Seen quite a few vintage bikes for sale in and around the Gold Coast area of late..wonder which one :P

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 09:05:26 pm »
Well, back home again after a pleasant week in the warm north, tho a bit of rain the last few days.

Latest buy? It's a YZ250G that looks to have had a fairly unmolested life. Needs work of course, but it should come up OK I think. Very original too.

Now, need to sell the TM125 to finance it tho, so I'll be advertising that soon!

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 09:58:17 pm »
If you need anything for the 250G let me know as I have a ton of NOS and perfect second hand parts for this model   ;)