Author Topic: Ross Campbell RIP  (Read 13175 times)

HeavenVMX

Re: Ross Campbell RIP
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 07:01:18 pm »
Very sad news. Condolences to his family
Way too young. At peace now

Offline micko

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 07:26:48 pm »
was quite a shock when I heard on Saturday arvo, great friendly guy. RIP Rosco.
RM370A RM250A RM125A RM125S YZ250A YZ125C XR75K4

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 03:49:42 pm »
Went to Rosco's service, Vicki and family invited us to turn up in colours, motorbike or sports team and plenty took the opportunity, lots of garb evident, bike jerseys footy jumpers and scarves, even a couple of blokes in full mx gear including boots. A good rollup of club buddies from the vmx family, great to catch up with chums old and new. The casket was adorned with Collingwood colours and Ross's beloved YZ360B sat on show down the front.
Ross and Vicki's friend Louise did a great job of telling us a potted history of his full and varied life, complete with plenty of Rosscapades, then a lovely slideshow added to a nicely-presented service. As a parting shot, the celebrants played us out with "the only suitable music for the occasion ", the Collingwood theme song !  ;)
Felt for poor Vicki who was doing it tough, but she has a great crew of family and friends around here in this sad time. It was evident that Ross has friends all around the world that shared his life and interests, and I'm sure plenty of folk on here will join us in raising a toast to a bloody good bloke.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »
Thanks for sharing that with us CD. A toast to Ross . I have a 40 year old green label for those occasions .
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 08:27:38 pm »
Well said Glenn, I reckon old Rossco would have been happy with his send off. Rest in peace Ross Campbell, you were a good member of the VMX family.

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 11:20:47 pm »
Yep, still can't believe it. He only replied in one of my threads a couple of weeks ago. Always a top bloke and I was looking forward to meeting him when I could finally get it together and get to the track. Anyway, RIP forum buddy.

Offline Richo52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 12:53:07 pm »
Indeed a great send off at Pinnaroo with lots of vmx boys,football friends and family in attendance.A very witty good old fashioned "shit stirrer" and philanthropic man has left our lives.RIP Ross Duncan Campbell,you and your immaculate bikes will be missed.Condolences to Vicki and family et al.
SOME BIKES AND CARS

Offline BA #63

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 07:26:04 pm »
Condolences to the Campbell Family sorry i could not be there for the service working away as Ross use to. No more arguing if the YZ or the Maico was fastest down Narrogin straight Cheers Mate
I am still the fastest in the pits

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 09:55:42 am »
We went to Narrogin yesterday for a ride.. Saturday night in the canteen with a few adult refreshments.. we remembered Ross fondly.. RIP #34
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:23:46 am by Watto HVA 1 »

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 10:20:05 am »
I was unable to make the farewell due to family commitments, but remember Ross fondly all starting with emails and messenger from his overseas postings while i worked night shift.  He had a heart to gold.  Will be sorely missed

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 08:53:03 pm »
12 months ago I lost my greatest salesman...

"send it to Geoff Morris?
cheers
Rossco (aka GMC Business Development Manager   )
"

"how good a job do you want?  Rider - just bog and paint - any better - send it to Geoff for a top job in fixing."

And I know he always thought fondly of me!

"I have said before, and do not hesitate in repeating myself - but I don't like Geoff!!!"

"always said he was an a---hole - and he continues to prove it  "

He always had great advice for me too...
"and Geoff "bite your bum""

Still sorely missed

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/