Author Topic: Rego  (Read 1759 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Rego
« on: May 15, 2017, 04:03:53 pm »

My car came due for rego on the 4/5/17 so I payed the green slip then had the roadworthy check done.  They then sent the safety check report to the RTA via the internet and told me because I am a pensioner and for me there is no rego fee to pay I won't need to go to the RTA the whole thing was done electronically. ( Great idea )
  This morning I get a notice from the RTA saying that our car has been unregistered since the 4th May.  I phoned them and waited for (22 minutes), it would have been quicker to drive to the RTA but not in a unregister car.  They then told me that they had not receive a notification from GIO saying that green slip had been payed, and that if I had been stopped by police I would be liable for fines of at least $1200.   So I rang GIO waited (6 minutes) the woman I spoke to told me that it had been payed but for some unknown reason it hadn't been sent to the RTA but she would do immediately and ring me back, well that didn't happen and I'm not surprised ( incompetent arseholes )
   I waited until 3pm and phoned the RTA again, I have just got off the phone now ( 27 minutes ) to be told yes your car is now registered.
  All of these changes to the rules to make things easier for us dumb arsed tax payers, maybe they work most times but when they don't, then they can have serious consequences.  Everyone has to do their job for it to work and if one lazy bastard doesn't then the end user has to pay not the cockhead who caused the problem.
  Well I feel like I have a cauliflower ear, from being on the phone for almost an hour sorting out this bullshit.  So now it's time for a nice big bourbon and next rego I will go down to the RTA.
                                                                                            Zane

p.s. I know it's not called the RTA anymore but I couldn't be bothered typing the new name. ( that change is even more bullshit )
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rego
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:19:07 pm »
zane
i rego my parents car for years on the internet with then the rta it we just clicking through the same pages it told you if the insur and pink slip were there it might of changed with the new bs that we have now
 had to go twice to get my 1969 triumph club regoed first time it was regoed as a dune buggy for stockton beach

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 10:13:39 pm »
I've recently been contemplating moving back home to NSW.
I just added up the regos I currently pay. I'd have to get 8 "inspections" a year. (7 if braked trailers are exempt)
We don't go in for those stupid annual inspections in QLD.

The thought of dealing with the RTA again is almost enough to end the idea.

Also, Connondale MX track and some nice riding roads are currently less than an hour from home.

I wish I didn't have to work for a living.....

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:32:58 pm »
I had Qld  single seat rego for an XR400, $280 I think . Had a legit Qld address but live in NSW where the renewals were posted to.
NSW bike rego costs are a joke, make it rec rego and the bikes would por out of the sheds.
NSW business rego for a Mazda tray top ute recently, Greenslip about $810 and rego about $750, then there is the comprehensive insurance as well.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.