Author Topic: Suzuki PE Rego  (Read 7369 times)

Offline Mudnut

• Novice
    • View Profile
Suzuki PE Rego
« on: May 05, 2017, 08:59:05 pm »
Hi

Can anyone advise my when the PE range were granted ADR and were able to be road registered in Australia ?

Cheers MD

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki PE Rego
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:25:59 pm »
I'll try and get the details of the plate on my B, Not sure what it is.

Still have to reply to your message
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline Mudnut

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 09:32:01 pm »
Hi

No worries .

Just sent you a PM about the crank end float mate .

MD

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 09:44:20 pm »
They all can be registered. I have got loads of Australian magazine articles on the 77 250B and many have got registration plates on them. Blinkers first came in 1st April 1979 in NSW so not all N models got them. There was a special parts book which i have that came part way through 79 with just the new ADR required items such as mirror, new magneto with charging capabilities for the battery and blinkers & horn. All Australian PE's had the blinkers 1980 model on wards. These days due to the age of these bikes most states don't require you to have blinkers fitted on these bikes now.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Mudnut

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 09:51:07 pm »
Thanks for info , I will fit indicators & horn  via a  6V battery in air box , just in case its brought up during rego , dont wont any hicups

MD

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 10:49:23 pm »
You can just download the ADR rules off a website. It says it all in there, when blinkers have to be fitted and how far they have to be spaced apart etc. Could save you a lot of work if you don't actually want them and don't need them. You can just print it off and hand them the piece of paper as proof.  I would email you all the info if i had it here now. Can after the weekend though. NSW i think? may require them no matter what age the bike is but not elsewhere else. Horn you would need for sure and brake light too though.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 04:02:33 pm »
C  models came with ADR plates on the steering head
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline Mudnut

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 08:44:04 pm »
Hi

Have you a picture of what the ADR plate looks like ?

MN

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 05:42:41 pm »
My two older brothers both bought B models in 1977 and both had the registered in NSW. I a sure that both bikes had ADR compliance plates fitted.

Compliance plates started to be fitted to most Japanese bikes in early 1976 (all my XT500C's have compliance plates are a couple are from early 1976). To my knowledge, compliance plates became a compulsory requirement for registration in most states around October 1977.
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 07:42:48 am »
My two older brothers both bought B models in 1977 and both had the registered in NSW. I a sure that both bikes had ADR compliance plates fitted.

Compliance plates started to be fitted to most Japanese bikes in early 1976 (all my XT500C's have compliance plates are a couple are from early 1976). To my knowledge, compliance plates became a compulsory requirement for registration in most states around October 1977.
No sorry the bike I'm talking about is currently 600km away
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 08:27:58 am »
Does a bike need a compliance plate to be registered?

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 09:16:42 am »
post 1978 I believe or was it earlier...

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 01:22:09 pm »
post 1978 I believe or was it earlier...

Most of the Japanese manufacturers started fitting ADR Compliance Plates to bike sold in the Australian market during 1976. To my knowledge, an ADR Compliance Plate was required for registration from October 1977 in most states.

In some cases you could still get bike registered without a compliance plate after that dated. I was able to get my 1978 Husky 390 AMX registered in NSW in June of 1978 without a Compliance Plate. I was living in Broken Hill at the time, and was told by the official at the rego office that since they had no records for Husqvarna motorcycles locally, that they would register the bike, however once the paper work had been through Sydney, that they may cancel the registration. I never received a notice of cancellation and kept the bike registered until 1981.

A few years ago I had a go at registering my old Husky here in SA. As it was not fitted with a compliance plate, and I stated that it was a 1978 model (therefore made after compliance plates become mandatory), I was told by the local rego office that I would need to take the bike to Regency Park (the SA motor registration head office in Adelaide) and have a full compliance inspection carried out. Unfortunately I was taken ill and had my drivers licence suspended for quite some time, so was unable to make the trip down to Adelaide with the bike for the inspection within the 12 month period that I was given to get the bike passed for rego. I may still have another go at registering it, but will say that it is a 1977 model, and hopefully be able to get it through with out a compliance plate.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:31:38 pm by Colj500 »
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 01:57:09 pm »
Col, you will probably find it easier to get it on historic registration instead, through a club and bypass all that Regency crap. Then all it needs is  local police station ID check on the engine number to then make sure its not stolen and then its smooth sailing from there. The bike has to look pretty much all original/correct though (no  hot rods/specials), at least when the club rego officer takes a look at it. What you do to the bike after that is your responsibility though. you get 90 uses a year and need to fill out a log book before your ride and its a fair bit cheaper too. Once you have it on historic rego it then would not bee to hard to transfer to full rego if you wished.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 03:02:27 pm »
but will say that it is a 1977 model
that would be my plan...you would have to be unlucky to find a rego dude who knows a non ktm - husky