Author Topic: kdx parts  (Read 1866 times)

Offline ag

• Novice
    • View Profile
kdx parts
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:48:15 pm »
Hi
I am chasing original plastics front guard, head light surround and rear guard.for 1981 kdx175

I have reproductions on at the moment but would prefer original . i have polished up side covers and tank and they have came up good

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:13:18 pm by ag »

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: kdx parts
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 01:29:09 pm »

You'll find a lot of the 80's kdx and kx front guards look the same and fit straight on.

The only headlights and rear guards I've found have been in poor to very poor condition that won't polish up well and are suitable for painting only.

I've gone to aftermarket rear guards (Stilmotor) to get a good quality item that fits well and is durable (because it's new).
Big downside though, lenses are rare and very hard to find.

http://www.enduroklassiker.at/en/plastics-and-bodywork/5051-kotflgel-ufo-vintage-vorne.html

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline ag

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:45:53 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions but I  am only looking for original parts. I have finished it but want bring it back to now it was. I would put a photo on but don't know how
Thanks Jon

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:52:29 am by ag »

Offline ag

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 07:57:35 pm »
Just found a couple more items that I need

Buckle off the original tool bag have a good tool bag but missing 1 buckle

Blinkers original ,all 4 if possible

Thanks Jon

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 09:44:32 pm »

Probably not likely to find kdx/klx blinkers but later model ke front blinkers are identical to what we had fitted here in the 80's. The aftermarket ones are pretty shit.

These rear blinkers are right for our kdx/klx and are off a KLR. The ones I've bought with the short arms have come off the front. They're fitted over a few years & models and are also identical to look at to the originals fitted in the day.

The mounts need to be modded a bit to fit though.

Grind off the rubber dicks and take the thread down to the base and cut off the excess thread so it doesn't foul on the guard when mounted.

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts