Author Topic: a fresh news item  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Bruised

• C-Grade
  • Brisbane (& Mackay) Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
a fresh news item
« on: August 21, 2008, 10:25:15 am »
A news item ...

A trail bike rider has been charged with drink-driving after police chased him on foot through a Sydney suburb last night.
Officers were called to Rosemeadow, in Sydney's south-west, just before midnight after a resident complained about the noise of trail bikes being ridden in the area.
Police say they found a 21-year-old man lying on the road beside his bike, but when they approached he got up and ran away.
After a short chase on foot, the man was arrested and taken to Campbelltown Police Station.
He allegedly recorded a blood-alcohol reading of 0.105, more than twice the legal limit.
The man was charged with drink-driving, not wearing a helmet, driving unregistered and negligent driving.
He also had his trail bike and licence suspended on the spot.
The 21-year-old will appear at Campbelltown Local Court next month.

What kind of bike is this guy riding?  it must be bad for him to get up and run away and leave it behind...
In my day, drink-driving, not wearing a helmet, driving unregistered and negligent driving were prerequisites to a good night
Kids these day

Bruised

The Romans didn’t build a great empire by organising meetings.  They did it by killing anybody who got in their way.

All people are your relatives; therefore expect only trouble from them

mx250

Re: a fresh news item
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 10:52:34 am »
at .105, did he run or waddle away  ;D

If I was he, I would agrue that I wasn't drunk it was just that the necessary 'anti-freeze' required to ride a trail bike at midnight around Campbelltown in the middle of winter had an undesireable side effect. ;) :D

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:59 pm »
There is only one bike this idiot would be riding, chinese pit bike with metal mulisha skull stickers all over it-- garanteed
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:34:33 am »
I found this quote on a random website - as ya do - but it's not worth it's own thread.
I had to post it somewhere...

If ever there was a sport tailor made for the ugly man, it's motorbike racing. Hideous heads - scarred through years of thundering along at 200mph before shooting over the handlebars - are stuffed into shiny helmets. With a darkened visor to conceal those maddened eyes.

Surely not! Is this how the World views us?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 09:42:55 am »
Nothing to how they hide Gran Prix or Indy or Fart etc racing car Drivers,  but maybe it is to stop people throwing stuff at the boring over blown snot..... ::)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.