Author Topic: Licence fees  (Read 31737 times)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Licence fees
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »
Just reading between the lines here.....

IF a meeting wasn't labelled as a "RACE" and was instead labelled a "RIDE DAY" then our fees would be much cheaper.
I also personally believe that the word "RACE" puts alot of people off riding. Take a look at the popularity of events like Classic Dirt and Broadford Bike Bonanza for evidence of my point.
I have attended one meeting in Australia where there were no trophies or even results entered into the equation and yet there was well over 100 entries and over 200 bikes! And let me tell you, there wasn't anybody going slow. There was no bitching about eligibility or the lack of trophies either, just smiles everywhere.....

I'm not sure but I think if there is a start using gates or whatever and then a chequered flag that is a race.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2017, 11:26:25 pm »
5 pages Geoff, its going well ;)

Yes, it’s interesting as a social experiment in that people like a good whinge but some old super 8 clips hardly raise an eyebrow.

Seems the general consensus though is that we should just suck it up and buy a yearly license, whether we use it or not, but personally I would want to know that I would be going to race at least 4 or 5 times a year in order to justify it.

I know that paperwork at events can be a pain, especially with dealing with license books but if the punters are considered a nuisance for the organizers then the $90 fee should solve the problem… one way or the other

I also note that no one picked up on my idea that Classic MX could/should run under the umbrella of the restricted race license.
The risk factor would be no worse than the fast fifties so MA shouldn’t suffer for it, after all, besides the National titles classic MX is nothing more than a club day.
It would be easier for the punters to justify it, therefore more people would probably buy it.
Not unlike when Vicroads made Classic Rego easier for the punters and now many more people are using it rather than doing something illegal.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2017, 08:02:51 am »
I tried vmx once, cost me twice what a Vinduro did, and all I got for it was a flat tyre and a bung shocker....the only thing that didn't suprize me was coming dead last ;D 8)

but...im not a racing junkie and I fully understand the rush people get from mx, just not for me, I like the me versus the terrain challenge, muddy goop holes, technical goat tracks on the sides of the alps, greasy logs and running creeks etc, I get the warm fuzzies, getting through all that stuff in one go...(not always tho.. :o).

so my licence issues are less interesting and I wont require a full ma licence as im not going to compete in xc events, too old and slow. I might do a club nat terrain if the stars align so that's a one event ticket.

a mate and I were considering a run at Hattah on the wr 400's for fun. we planned to skive the prologue and then from dead last see if we could pass any punters on modern bikes. possibly beers waged on that number...but im not sure if I could ride that now, ive just tipped over that health edge were a couple of little "incidents" have left me with a bung shoulder and a crook back that just keeps giving....

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2017, 09:51:08 am »
Just reading between the lines here.....

IF a meeting wasn't labelled as a "RACE" and was instead labelled a "RIDE DAY" then our fees would be much cheaper.
I also personally believe that the word "RACE" puts alot of people off riding. Take a look at the popularity of events like Classic Dirt and Broadford Bike Bonanza for evidence of my point.
I have attended one meeting in Australia where there were no trophies or even results entered into the equation and yet there was well over 100 entries and over 200 bikes! And let me tell you, there wasn't anybody going slow. There was no bitching about eligibility or the lack of trophies either, just smiles everywhere.....

I'm not sure but I think if there is a start using gates or whatever and then a chequered flag that is a race.

The meeting I attended was a club day by all accounts and was run as a demonstration event if my memory serves right. The chequered flag was used to denote the end of laps.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2017, 11:40:18 am »

MoMS definitions :

1.1.0.25 : "Race" means any event where speed is the determining factor in the result.

1.1.0.12 : "Event" means any competition involving the use of one or more motorcycles.

1.1.0.20 : "Meeting" means a meeting at which one or more motorcycle events are conducted.

Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2017, 02:51:19 pm »
So a handicap race would not be a race according to the MA rules.

MoMS definitions : 1.1.0.25 : "Race" means any event where speed is the determining factor in the result.

now if 1.1.0.25 said "...where speed is A determining factor..." then the legal and commonsense definition would be the same

;D

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2017, 09:20:21 pm »
I also note that no one picked up on my idea that Classic MX could/should run under the umbrella of the restricted race license.

I picked it up ages ago and that's what should happen.  I have put that suggestion to any one who would listen and those who wont and put it in those useless surveys they wasted money on.  The other thing I say is people who go to the trouble to obtain an Officials licence should be eligible for a discount on their licence.         

We have been told for about 5yrs now the new Web application system of applying for OMLs would drop the price.  Yeah, nah not gunna happen.   

Oh well for those who want to race it is what it is.   

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2017, 12:11:38 pm »

Then run handicapp club fun days no licence,get ambulance and use clubs public liability insurance

Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2017, 02:53:34 pm »
I'd be ok with handicap "races", would be good to be out front.... for 1/2 a lap....  ::)

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2017, 03:36:02 pm »
I for one think my riding style is handicapped even when I'm racing  , 3 laps leaves me needing a nanna nap .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

HeavenVMX

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2017, 05:34:34 pm »

Then run handicapp club fun days no licence,get ambulance and use clubs public liability insurance
Anything that ends up with a winner which is determined by performance compared to other riders is an 'event' (competition) and requires a competition permit for the meeting and a Competition licence for the participants. This applies to Trials, Enduro, Gymkhana as well as MX/VMX or R/R

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2017, 09:36:32 pm »
6.2 RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
6.2.0.1 Recreational activity must not:
6.2.0.2 Be competitive,
6.2.0.3 Involve starts or finishes as defined in
discipline chapters,
6.2.0.4 Be scored,

2017 Moms, so If you want to run under a rec. permit and save costs you will need to comply with these regs.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2017, 05:24:13 pm »
it should be relatively easy to comply with those guidelines, providing a bit of imagination is used in registering the event.
It works for Vinduro so I can see no reason why it can't work for VMX.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2017, 08:00:43 pm »
handicap demonstration rides
 ;D ;D
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade