Author Topic: WANTED: 15" (380mm) rear shocks for RM250B  (Read 5909 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
WANTED: 15" (380mm) rear shocks for RM250B
« on: November 23, 2016, 12:31:30 pm »
Does anyone have a decent used pair of 15" rear shocks for sale at a good price, I have a friend that is needing some.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: 15" (380mm) rear shocks for RM250B
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »
new or second hand
how much does he want to spend?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 08:03:50 pm »
new or second hand
how much does he want to spend?

Thanks for your reply, I think used, probably mid-level performance; he has been running the stock shocks for the last couple of years, just worn them out.

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 09:52:28 pm »
"RAD shocks "  up here in Sunny Qld will rebuild them at half the cost of a new set.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 08:44:35 am »
Buy new Hagons John. Gas shock built & sprung to riders weight, 2 year warranty. They are good, $350 plus postage, how can you go wrong?
K

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 11:25:03 am »
Buy new Hagons John. Gas shock built & sprung to riders weight, 2 year warranty. They are good, $350 plus postage, how can you go wrong?
K
yep or spend twice as much and get a pair of Gazi also sprung to riders weight and bike type, so is he a racer or trail rider?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 06:48:40 pm »
Thanks Guy's, my friend is a 'social' racer.  I've used Rad before, they are great value but these stock shocks have not only flogged-out the rod bush but also the piston AND the bore (tube).  Would cost much more than Hagon's or Gazi's to rebuild.

I think we'll go the Hagon route, I'll give em a call.  The Gazi website just lists road bike shocks, I didn't realize they handled vintage dirt also.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 10:06:26 am »
Thanks Guy's, my friend is a 'social' racer.  I've used Rad before, they are great value but these stock shocks have not only flogged-out the rod bush but also the piston AND the bore (tube).  Would cost much more than Hagon's or Gazi's to rebuild.

I think we'll go the Hagon route, I'll give em a call.  The Gazi website just lists road bike shocks, I didn't realize they handled vintage dirt also.
Yep no worries, just one thing I'm not sure why you thought Gazi are road bike shocks?ie VMX HYPER X sorta says it all, but yes they do all! MX, Enduro, trail, road and other, oh yer they are completely rebuildable
cheers
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:12:16 am by shelpi »

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 11:55:48 am »

Yep no worries, just one thing I'm not sure why you thought Gazi are road bike shocks?ie VMX HYPER X sorta says it all, but yes they do all! MX, Enduro, trail, road and other, oh yer they are completely rebuildable
cheers

I googled the Gazi's, it came up with a fitment chart with only streetbikes listed, I'll have another search  :-)  Thanks.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 01:14:55 pm »

cheers

I googled the Gazi's, it came up with a fitment chart with only streetbikes listed, I'll have another search  :-)  Thanks.
Yep I went to Gazi's site then did the same and Yes I can see exactly what you mean it really does make them look road bike orientated, probably best to give Allan Hall a ring he's a real good bloke, very helpful, after visiting the site and seeing the fitment chart I rang him and he agrees with what you are saying and is going to make some changes. cheers thanks
cheers
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:22:15 pm by shelpi »

Offline YZAT252

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 02:15:33 pm »
I tried to buy some new Gazi's for my RM125B. Happy with the price, asked him to build me a set but they just didn't seem interested. Told me it would take weeks to get the components etc and virtually didn't want my money. Gave up and went elsewhere.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 03:13:26 pm »
I tried to buy some new Gazi's for my RM125B. Happy with the price, asked him to build me a set but they just didn't seem interested. Told me it would take weeks to get the components etc and virtually didn't want my money. Gave up and went elsewhere.
not saying this did not happen, but sounds very odd, do you remember who it was you were dealing with? I have purchased a number of pairs and always had the best service, thanks
cheers

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »
did you place an order for a non std shocks ie 15" (380mm) is a std! did you want 360mm that has different bodies  ( taylor factory made) was told need X amount of time to get them in?

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 06:48:36 pm »
I've used Gazi shocks, nothing wrong with them, however reading "between the lines" I got that John was looking for more of a budget shock for his mate, hence the Hagon suggestion. Horses for courses I guess.
K

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 03:41:10 pm »
I've used Gazi shocks, nothing wrong with them, however reading "between the lines" I got that John was looking for more of a budget shock for his mate, hence the Hagon suggestion. Horses for courses I guess.
K
Yer I agree!