Author Topic: SNAKE TALES (TAILS?)  (Read 12959 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: SNAKE TALES (TAILS?)
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 09:08:39 pm »
I had a pet carpet for years, got to be 6 ft long. it got hold of me one day...interesting 15 minutes.. sold it for 500 bucks

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 07:04:41 am »
We have lots of Brown snakes round here at The River, we've lost two dogs to the bloody things over the years. In the hills or by the River we leave 'em alone, in our house yard, different story !! Redbelly's are welcome, they are pretty cool dudes, they keep the numbers of rats and mice down.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 07:12:29 am »
mate on the farm had a leaking firebox water heater thingy on the stove so couple of shifters and into the cupboard nxt to the fire. cramped spider webbed mongrel spot. something sharp was digging into his shoulder and no matter how he wriggled, it kept digging in. eventually he tightens the fitting and as he starts to crawl out he hears an unmistakeable sound ...snake on concrete!!

he has had a large brown chewing on his collarbone for 5 minutes or so. he locks it in the space and calls his old man who turns up and rushes him to hospital. luckily no envenomation.

they went back for the snake and whipped the door open and its gone! no way to get out....wait, the upside down ice cream container..yep coiled up in there

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 08:08:56 am »
Got a lot of browns here , they come up from the creek lookin for trouble.
I just move them along with a broom and guide them up to the neighbors place.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 09:54:25 am »
Got a lot of browns here , they come up from the creek lookin for trouble.
I just move them along with a broom and guide them up to the neighbors place.
lol speaking of creeks, was fixing the creek crossing after floods washed it away and stalled the back hoe, had a shit battery (always a jump start) so I jumps off the back hoe and seen something moveing away, went over for a better look Ill say 7 foot cos it could of been longer a girth the size of a baby's head ahh Mambo(Brown Snake) we meet again, first saw it in the north paddock in the mid nineties, it always took a look and calmly wondered off each time, I still wonder if it is still alive (I hope so) I will probably get bitten for saying this but somehow after 26years we just seem to Co exist, I know there are you that think I'm nuts, trust me had plenty tell there view, farmers, family and friends, but amongst them have found others that respect their space old farmers driving around them not over them, put water out for em, recon it stops em comin in for a drink, either way are you part of the problem or the solution? just saying

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 11:41:05 am »
last week searching for molds in my storage facility (industrial sized chookshed),up a dead end isle,turned to walk back,heres the resident diamond python curled up & around  in an RS250 mold,"eyes very bloody wide" as i inched past,hes a big bugger that frequents the top sheds ,only comes down to mine to drag old skins off  ::), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 12:00:06 pm »
last week searching for molds in my storage facility (industrial sized chookshed),up a dead end isle,turned to walk back,heres the resident diamond python curled up & around  in an RS250 mold,"eyes very bloody wide" as i inched past,hes a big bugger that frequents the top sheds ,only comes down to mine to drag old skins off  ::), :P
lol

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 03:48:48 pm »
as a kid I shot a 7' 6" brown snake, was the dinghy record and probably still stands. I found a clipping from the local paper showing me standing on a fence holding the skin...had it for years then I had to throw it out. fangs were near a cm long

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 05:57:28 pm »
Story goes that Dean Taylor of SA on his tz700 yam speedway sidecar and Clarry Jones of Vic had a fierce rivallry (as most sidecar boys do). At Bendigo Showgrounds one night Dean got Clarry to dive into his tool box and was met by a pet snake. Clarry retaliated a few weeks later by swallowing his gold fish at a party. Apparently one re emerged later still flapping. Didn't witnessed this one but I did of a few of Clarry's other jokes.

Offline BSA-B5

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 08:12:38 pm »
Story goes that Dean Taylor of SA on his tz700 yam speedway sidecar and Clarry Jones of Vic had a fierce rivallry (as most sidecar boys do). At Bendigo Showgrounds one night Dean got Clarry to dive into his tool box and was met by a pet snake. Clarry retaliated a few weeks later by swallowing his gold fish at a party. Apparently one re emerged later still flapping. Didn't witnessed this one but I did of a few of Clarry's other jokes.

HA HA HA HA Haha HaHHHHHHaaaaa very good.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 09:53:35 am »
Tell us more!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:45 pm »
Our Jack Russell had one bailed up in some bushes last summer. By the time we realised what was going on it was practically all over. Brown snake doing an impersonation of Swiss cheese, with dozens of puncture wounds, feebly emerged and almost seemed to be saying "shoot me please". I gladly obliged but it was anxious few hours waiting to see if the happy hunter showed any signs of being bit.

The kids recently saw a hawk or eagle flying off to dinner with a decent sized snake thrashing in its talons.

Snake tales - pretty much everyone in Australia has at least one!

Tex

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 09:35:34 pm »
As a youngling it was my job to feed the chooks of a morning, one morning I’m heading out to the chookshed which was just past the woodpile when I spot a snake just in front of me to the left, about the 10 oclock position.
I stopped in my tracks and started slowly walking backwards when suddenly I noticed another to my left about the 7 oclock position.
Now wanting to make a quick exit I turned to my right away from these 3 foot snakes and bugger me if there wasn’t another on my right at about 3 oclock.
No more slowly walking backwards, I dropped the chookfeed on the ground and sprinted back to the house, stuff the eggs, they can wait.

Of course they were long gone by the time Mum went out for a look, I couldn’t get out of the job and I had to keep going back everyday and did so with ‘Marty Feldman’ eyes. :o

Saw this clip the other day and it brought back this memory, may have to start therapy all over again!
I feel for the little feller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3OjfK0t1XM
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 09:43:55 pm »
Yeah, nah, this one is betterer. Not suitable for children tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfBNG5KD1oU

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 11:03:31 am »
Kind of funny really, You always get that weird feeling when one is around. Not a lot of anything but red bellies where I grew up on a dairy farm and in summer you could bank on a few in the house yard. One xmas day  and as usual it was stinking hot so we had christmas lunch on the verandah in the shade. In front of the verandah were two hydrangea bushes  that were always cool.  and mum thought it would be a good idea if i cut a few flower heads off for the table . I jump down and bounce straight back on the veranda. a Huge mumma was lying under there and she wasnt happy. Probably wouldnt be happy either if you had to look after the dozen or so babies that were tangled around the bush.  Dads 22 worked well on mumma  but those little ones were too little so the spade sorted them out. Im fairly sure i had seen mumma in the top paddock the week before as she stretched out to be about 7 feet and fat as. . grew up with snakes as dad caught them in the forest at work  and made a few buck by flogging them off to gosford reptile parkand would be nothing to see a chaff bag in the back of the car and hopefully something was in it. if it was empty then you got concerned.