Author Topic: Conondale Vinduro  (Read 12016 times)

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Conondale Vinduro
« on: August 16, 2008, 09:58:18 pm »
The Sunshine Coast Motorcycle will be running a vinduro at Green Park Conondale on the 26th of October.  This event is open to Pre 90 trail & enduro bikes.  The older or more unusual the better ;D.
No rego needed, Bikes must have head & tail light (They don’t have to work) & a well-muffled exhaust. 
This will be a NON-COMPETITIVE event.  Cost: $30.00 entry + $20.00 for MA one-day licence. (If needed)
Riders are to have the bikes in the Parc ferme by 8.30am for a 9.00am cold start.  Riders will start 3 mates a Min.  The subsequent laps are up to you.
We are working on including other activities.  Camping is available Saturday night.
The track will not be easy but it will be a lot of fun, were running an enduroX there next month so I’ll be able to let you know more about the track after that.
For more Info & entry forms go to scmcc.org.au 
Noel
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Conondale Vinduro
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:13:42 pm »
Noel we (vmx community) have been waiting for this for a long time, BUT please, please remember we have old bikes which in some cases have irreplaceable parts and equally old and irreplaceable older riders, I implore you not to spoil what would otherwise be a fantastic well patrionised event by making it a difficult push yer guts out mountaneering marathon. Sweeping flowing with some harder sections (if you must) would be great but you will scare everyone off with a hard slog your guts out enduro. It should be enjoyable by people right up to 65 years old (the average age would be about 45) . If everyone agrees or disagrees please give us feedback so Noel can design the course around the majority of riders.
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »
i'd agree with what Tony's said, great for the old bikes and great for the old blokes. a lovely mountain ride through the misty covered mountains with waterfalls and wild birdlife in abundance and chucking big roosts down the firetrails and elbowing your mate into a tree!
sorry fella's, got a little excited there for a moment.
"flat bickie"

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 09:58:27 pm »
Thanks for the input, I fully understand your concerns about the track, In fact this is exactly why I have been waiting and hoping some one else would run one.  Please can we not get to hung up on what the track will be like, we will do the best with the layout of the land we have access to.
Noel

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »
OOOH come on Tony B , I know a good easy track in Kyogle that might be fun ;)
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 04:51:07 pm »
cruel bastard ;D
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

lms6201

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 05:32:21 am »
if some want it easier then perhaps detours around the harder parts would be the go , i would like to see widdowmaker hills and a challenging course , it,s going to be non competitive , so it,s gotta be interesting , with places to go around the hard stuff , nice country , i rode an enduro there in 1978

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 06:28:33 am »
are you coming to it Ims6201

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:51:40 pm »
i have not got a tailight
can i bluetac a reflector on ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 10:50:37 am »
Still not sure why we need the lights but yes I am going to fit the old IT headlight and stick a red reflector on the back mudguard, I don't want to be drilling holes in a $60 rear fender,

lms6201

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 05:06:27 am »
i,m planning to but i see the agm is on the weekend before i think , so that makes it that i have to miss one , i,l bring both the frontera,s  if i can get the shockies on them fixed up enough  , would the qvmx membership cover this event ??

lms6201

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 05:19:40 am »
i see the words ,  trail  or enduro   bike    , how many will use an mx machine ? 

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 09:17:42 pm »
nice country , i rode an enduro there in 1978
Steve was that the Stanley River 2 day? If so we both rode it. I can remember some bits like the course went south from Conondale through the ranges and the furtherest we went was somewhere near Beerwah or Beerburrum then back again to Conondale a slightly different way. I remember snapping off the front half of my front guard soon after the start and getting covered in cowshit and mud all day. Luckily a friend had problems with his IT that were terminal and I was able to borrow his front guard for day 2 for my IT175. The 10 minute work period Sunday morning was pretty frantic with changing the guard, changing the gearbox oil, air filter and oiling and adjusting the chain. I just made the cold start test in time. Couldn't say the same about my riding speed though - I houred out before even halfway on the second day - pretty normal for me. My riding buddy had a Mk8 Frontera and he houred out on day 1 and was a sweep on day 2. We were both just kids of 19 in 1978. Very fond memories.
Was anyone else there that weekend in 1978?
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 09:23:13 pm »
i see the words ,  trail  or enduro   bike    , how many will use an mx machine ? 

Steve I reckon your boat tail Pursang would be perfect if you make it look a bit like an enduro bike (with a headlight and taillight)
If I go it will be on my 1968 Sherpa T. Don't care how slow it is, it will look the part.
David
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 10:13:03 pm »
This event will be run under a practice permit so club membership is not an issue.
It is for trail & enduro bikes, take a look at the photos from the black duck vinduro, they don’t seem to have a problem with it. 
Steve Was it a 2 day or a 3 day?  The first enduro I remember starting and finishing at the track was a 3day, I have some photos of Ballard & one of Peter Oiholm on the water cooled KTM 125.  Around 79-80 Could be wrong.
Noel