Author Topic: OzVMX is here to stay  (Read 64911 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: OzVMX is here to stay
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »
Thanks for your kind words Kenneth, and for stepping up to take on the role of managing OzVMX. To be honest, I think it will reinvigorate the whole thing as I have really let the bar drop over the past couple of years.

So a big welcome to the new team, and here's to a bright future for OzVMX.

Not my business to be saying, but I will anyhow. Forgive me if I am out of line.
Not many would know of Graeme's preoccupation of the last couple of years.
For one, Graeme's Father past on earlier this year. My sincerest condolences Graeme.

I have met some great people through this forum, quite a few will remain life long friends.
I am grateful for that Graeme, thanks  :)

I will always remember who and what an outstanding idea and execution of bringing this old dirt bike community together 8)
Well done, your a class act Graeme and I for another think you have made a great gesture by passing our beloved OZVMX forum
on to safe hands. Well done and Good Luck saving the world mate :) 8)

"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
Well done Kenneth. There are some things that need to be saved from the wrecking yard and this forum is one of them. I had a great time when I was a regular on here and I too met a lot of good folks on here. I've moved on from VMX to enjoy other pursuits but still enjoy the bikes and the people so I'll probably still pop in from time to time.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 01:14:36 PM »
Happy Ozvmx has been saved. My daily routine has me check in at least twice a day, every day! ;D

Offline rf145

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2016, 08:00:03 AM »
Very good news!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 09:39:18 PM »
That's great news, Onya Ken
So long as the forum doesn't keep mysteriously blowing head gaskets all should be fine ;D
(I'm sure you'll do great)
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 09:57:59 PM »
Will we be able to post pics easy soon?
Id love to add pics but can't be bothered with photobucket.
That's going to be my new signiture.
Working on it. :)
    That will be great, I am over photobucket too, got lots of pics to share :)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 12:22:12 PM »
for some reason I cant use photo bucket the forum wont let me oh and cant do smiley faces except like this :o) any ideas why?

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 04:02:09 PM »
for some reason I cant use photo bucket the forum wont let me oh and cant do smiley faces except like this :o) any ideas why?
Test
 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2016, 04:05:15 PM »
I had trouble getting a response after logging into Photobucket but when I clicked the upload button I was already logged in.
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 10:55:21 AM »
I had trouble getting a response after logging into Photobucket but when I clicked the upload button I was already logged in.
thank you but still cant do smiley face! it just goes blank and the curser disappears, could it be our computer?

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »
Will we be able to post pics easy soon?
Id love to add pics but can't be bothered with photobucket.
That's going to be my new signiture.
Working on it. :)
Hi Ken
Can I make a suggestion as far as posting images. I'm a member on trialscentral & they have a supporters subscription which allows you to post images direct but non supporters have to use a remote server.
The annual fee is minimal & helps with the costs of the site, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person willing to do this

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »
I love looking at the images that others post. Picture tells a thousand words thing, I guess.

A positive option that Tony has mentioned.

Photobucket is now owned by FaceBook. So all about making money, through advertising or you paying for the much quicker add free format. Some browsers(companies) have decided not to support some add ons(used to display advertising) offered by other browser companies(apparently it takes a lot of effort to guard against attacks when they consider(try to match) incompatibilities).

In the mean time,
A quick way that it works well for me;
Pay the $9.99 per annum add free fee to photobucket. Then it is very quick.

I take my pics with my phone and simply upload to Photobucket via their Phone app.
I make sure I have the 4G data stream and booster turned on as well(with the WiFi)
Ok, so that makes it very quick to get it to Photobucket.

Then I open photobucket on my computer(add free). Pics are already there waiting for me in "recent uploads"
Heaps quick when you get the hang of it.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »
thank you but still cant do smiley face! it just goes blank and the curser disappears, could it be our computer?

Try googling the OzVmx forum in a different web browser and see how it goes for you.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »

Try googling the OzVmx forum in a different web browser and see how it goes for you.
Oky Doky, Thanks
cheers Guys

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2016, 02:15:26 PM »

Oky Doky, Thanks
cheers Guys
testing testing  :) ;D ;) :D yay its working I can do smiley faces, thanks guys