Author Topic: New vinduro bike. PE IT KDX HUSKY  (Read 5293 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
New vinduro bike. PE IT KDX HUSKY
« on: August 20, 2016, 10:35:33 pm »
I've been outta the game for a little while now and have come to point where I need something to play on!! I only have a modernish trail bike in the shed these days and ride it about once or twice a year so I figured I might as well turn it over into an old bike instead and use my one or two opportunities a year to catch up with some great characters I've been missing  ;) If anyone has anything of decent quality they're looking to move on please let me know, I'm not looking for "projects" or bikes that need "a little tlc" just something in good order ready to rock n roll. 2-3.5k is the budget. My old IT200 went to a bloke in the ACT about a year ago so if anyone knows it's where abouts id be happy to track it down also!!  ;D I believe it was a friend or brother of Mark Boddy from memory. Anywhoo, keep me in mind.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New vinduro bike. PE IT KDX HUSKY
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 04:09:32 pm »
have ya put a few rounds through that cannon ol mate?

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 01:40:54 pm »
have ya put a few rounds through that cannon ol mate?

YUP!! About a dozen, six months ago....i've still got the bruises top prove it  ;D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 01:42:44 pm »
So nobody has anything laying about the shed??? I'm on to a few via the usual channels (evilbay,bumtree,ect) but they are mostly shitheaps, plus I do much prefer to buy of you kinda folks anyway  ;)

Cheers, Brendan

Offline Ken 737

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 01:45:02 pm »
Have you seen my IT 175 K for sale?

Ken
Suzuki fan - TM and RM
Love my IT too ????

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 02:37:49 pm »
Have you seen my IT 175 K for sale?

Ken

Nope, shoot me a link?? Although i am kinda looking for something 200cc and above i am easily led astray  ;D

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 04:20:29 pm »
I have a decent '76 WR360 Husky, was going to keep it until the '84 400 came along. Not quite ready to go but not far off it, what's your time frame?
Cheers,
K

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 04:26:16 pm »
I have a decent '76 WR360 Husky, was going to keep it until the '84 400 came along. Not quite ready to go but not far off it, what's your time frame?
Cheers,
K

No rush at all, there's only 1 event left in this years calender i could make anyway so like usual, right thing, right price is the right buy  ;)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 06:04:09 pm »
I see an xc 500 husky 86 model on evilbay i think (or gummy) lovely bike but needs a resto of course... stil, single shock watercooled grunt meister of a machine

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 06:13:59 pm »
I see an xc 500 husky 86 model on evilbay i think (or gummy) lovely bike but needs a resto of course... stil, single shock watercooled grunt meister of a machine

Yes I saw that but a 500cc motocrosser is far beyond my wants or abilities!!! I would really love an 82/3 WR430 or 84 WR400 but they are few n far between and even when they come up they command a little more than what I could outlay at present.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 07:48:17 pm »
don't be misled by the 500 bit they had them toned down a bit by 86 and can easily be made into a great bike with little mods. the xc gearbox and suspension is a bit plusher than the mx model and the motor will be a bit docile c/w the cr. retard the timing a tad and they start easy and are nice to ride. the only catch with that model is the rear engine mount which the swingarm pivot goes through. the steel inserts in the cases can get flogged out and are hard to sort out. on the other side of the coin, a well set dx 175 would be a lot of fun. there is an 86 dx 200 on ebay as well. great little bike., easy to fit a rear disk for general riding.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 08:11:55 pm »
hey, I see ol mate magyver (robs ridez) has a neat  it 490 k or L, (not sure which one it is) a seriously nice bike. I rkon he is a bit over priced but a great machine none the less.

Offline Krikey

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 09:37:05 am »
I've got a neat IT250J that I'm cleaning up to sell at the moment.  Only a few more things to do and it'll be up for sale.  Been trying to buy original guards for it but they seem pretty damn hard to come by.